Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

TRX Arriving Early ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX Arriving Early ?

A Friend of mine pre purchased one of the new trx450's the first of November and was originally told that he wouldn't receive it untill late January but he just recieved word that it will be ready for pickup on the 5th. Has anyone else heard of them arriving Yet or does anyone know somebody that has already recieved one ? ... Any ways i am Really excited because my Yfz will be out of the shop this Friday and i have just enough time to get the new parts broke in since i had to have most of the motor replaced i decided to have the mechanic take it back to Bone stock .. we already have a Friendly bet going to prove once and for all which one is really the fastest we are going to race the following Wednesday so that he has a chance to break it in. hopefully i can get some pics ..

So who do you think will win ? ... Concidering the weight differance .

Me - Yfz450 ----- Pat- TRX450R
5'10" ------------- 6'0"
200lbs ----------- 150lbs

Old 12-31-2003, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know, last word I heard was that it had been delayed til February, but who knows.

Old 12-31-2003, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

That is what i was just reading on here earlier so maybe i shouldn't get my hopes up about the race untill i actually see it .. I'm getting pumped though we have been arguing for months about it .. and i just sold my CR250 To pay for the Rebuild on my yfz just so i can race him otherwise i would have just let it sit for another couple of months and work on my Z

Old 12-31-2003, 03:07 AM
Trailblazer

yfzInsanity.......what happened to your YFZ? Did you grenade the motor?

PH........

Old 12-31-2003, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider

Dunno for sure all i know is that is sounded like a lawnmower when you run over a big piece of metal .. the dude that took apart the original engine said that it had overheated so badly that the motor oil was clumped up and somehow caused piston to practically shatter and the rod did something crazy to trash the cylinder. he said that it may have not been getting water so he pretty much replaced the whole engine and radiator .I originally tried to dump it back on the dealer but since i work for them that didn't fly to well ..and yamaha ended up covering the engine under warranty and said that it was defective but i have to pay for the labor and shipping of the new engine $1000.00 so far and not final yet not till Friday or saturday

I noticed that it was running really hot but everyone swears up and down that it was pretty normal so i just ignored it and kept riding .. big mistake on my part

Old 12-31-2003, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

yfzInsanity...I am planning on buyin one of the 450's by June...do you suggest the yfz or was it too unreliable??

O BTW on trx-450r.com it says that the dealers will each be getting their limit of one unit per dealership aroud Feb. 1st

Old 12-31-2003, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

yfzInsanity, sorry to hear about ur 450, was it still under warranty if so why did you still had to pay for labor...

Old 12-31-2003, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yfzInsanity
A Friend of mine pre purchased one of the new trx450's the first of November and was originally told that he wouldn't receive it untill late January but he just recieved word that it will be ready for pickup on the 5th. Has anyone else heard of them arriving Yet or does anyone know somebody that has already recieved one ? ... Any ways i am Really excited because my Yfz will be out of the shop this Friday and i have just enough time to get the new parts broke in since i had to have most of the motor replaced i decided to have the mechanic take it back to Bone stock .. we already have a Friendly bet going to prove once and for all which one is really the fastest we are going to race the following Wednesday so that he has a chance to break it in. hopefully i can get some pics ..

So who do you think will win ? ... Concidering the weight differance .

Me - Yfz450 ----- Pat- TRX450R
5'10" ------------- 6'0"
200lbs ----------- 150lbs
Right now I would say the YFZ. However, if he had the HRC kit, filter and full exhaust as well, it would be a close race.

Old 12-31-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

( Fastlane ) .. I have to tell ya there is a guy with a yfz that got his a month before i got mine and with this guy the word maintenance isn't in his vocabulary he litterally rode his 400ex untill the wheels came off no lie .. I bought it from him for Cheap becuase he had locked up the motor and decided that he wanted the yfz .. needless to say His still runs like a dream and he was the first person on the list through our dealership to buy one .. I personally believe what happend to me was merely bad luck.

( MikeCer ) .. Yes the parts were under warranty but they are making me pay for the labor and for them to ship the parts " hey i could have voided the warranty when i did the cam mod so i am not about to complain - For all i know it could have been my fault "

( learning2fly ) .. Oh yeah .. if all goes well the only time he is not going to have a clear view of my @ss is at the starting line ...lol

Old 12-31-2003, 05:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Your on a yamaha....get it running and stomp that honda. LOL

I haven't heard of them coming in soon since I heard they were delayed.

Quick Reply: TRX Arriving Early ?