Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ BLUE PLASTIC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ BLUE PLASTIC?

Hey again! I am just writing this in this forum to ask a question to anyone that has a blue yfz and the plastic is turning white at scuff places and places to where it hasn't even been touhed? The reason i am asking this is i knew that on the yz450 the blue plastic would turn whitish color from where all the rocks, twiggs, etc, was hitting it from roost on the underside of the back or for that matter a few yz250. My yfz plastic that is blue is turning this color not from the roost but just got streaks of white all over it and i have only had it 2 months. I would just like to hear from any of you that has the same problem or maybe an explanation of why it is doing this despite the fact i have not stressed it out in some of the areas i am talking about and it still is getting the white busted look. THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE OR EXPLANATION THE ONLY THING I CAN COME UP WITH IS MAYBE THE WARM/COOL CYCLE IT HAS BEEN DOING HERE FOR THE LAST 2 MONTHS.

Old 01-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My banshee did the same thing your talking about. I think it is from stress put on the plastic. Around all the bolts that hold the plastic on turned white. I think all blue plastic will do this.

Old 01-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

I don't have that problem. I have the white YFZ. My problem is that the white plastic is turning brown right where you squeeze the gas tank with your legs. The mud and dirt is getting imbedded into the white plastic. I've never tried to clean it off yet but I remember using gas and a scrub brush on the white plastic on my 1990 YZ250 and it worked.

Old 01-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks a million Ridley i tried that today were a stick jamed my front fender

THANKS again

YFZ's FOREVR

BLUE IS TRUE RED IS DEAD

Old 01-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Pro Rider

Thats weird. I have a blue one and it hasnt done that.......yet. Every ride I clean her on up and lather it down in plexus, which is a plastic polish, that gets the quad back to looking bran-new.
Ridley's right though, as usual, a heat gun works well. Sounds like you figured that out already. Blue plastic will always turn white at stress points, like when you role it. I just thought it was odd that yours is turning white all over the place. I only have two little white marks on the inner parts of my front fenders, from rocks smacking up againt the plastic. The only other wear that mine is showing is by the gas tank, and down where the yfz450 sticker is, where your boots rub. But, I have the graphics kit from gytr on there, so I am really only scratching the sticker, not the plastic.