Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Love the g/f *update*

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love the g/f

Gotta love the g/f. I was sitting here worrying about changing the clutch in my Raptor. I was thinking of doing it myself, how much it was going to cost, getting it adjusted, and all that stuff....

Then I was like I could just take it and drop it off and let them do it and pay out the *** but it will be done right.....

That's where my g/f comes into play. She reminds me that I bought the LE Raptor right after we started dating, which is coming up on 5 months...I still got over a 1 month left on my factory warrenty. So I'll just take it back and let Yamaha fix it!!!!!

Old 01-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Love the g/f

LOL good luck man I can tell you from experience that yamaha is the worst when it comes to try and get warnty work done. I would lay money on it that they will tell you some bs like Rider error or neglect or abuse. Let us know how it truns out though

Old 01-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Love the g/f

They replaced my starter for me hassle free. So I've got my fingers crossed. I'll have a update monday.

Old 01-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default Love the g/f

really they replaced your starter was it the one way sprag clutch that failed on it? Thats what happend to mine and they wouldn't do any thing for me. Told me some bs about not being covered. That was back in 01 so they may have changed some things in there Coustomer service department since then. I have been lucky I have had no problems with the 450 yet

Old 01-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Love the g/f

Yep. The one way started making a funny noise so I took it back. They told me if they took it apart and was no problem, I would have to pay. But I took them out to the truck, hit the starter a couple times and let them here the grinding noise, and they said, "unload it, and we'll have it done by the end of the week."

They had it finished 3 days later, and I went and picked it up with no charge. So hopefully they will replace this clutch with no problem like before.

BTW, the one way went out on mine about 1 month after I got it, and I haven't had a problem since till now.

Old 01-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Love the g/f

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R

BTW, the one way went out on mine about 1 month after I got it, and I haven't had a problem since till now.
Well now that you said it, it'll be as reliable as a quadzilla 500.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Love the g/f

Yeah, yeah.

Knock on wood. LOL.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Range Rover
Default Love the g/f

Yamaha660r... I'm sure they will not replace a "wear" item for free.
the factory warrantee does not cover that, ever unless it was
because of a factory defect in the clutch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .

peace
scaboy

Old 01-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Range Rover
Default Love the g/f

Yeah, I dont think that they will do it either, just because its a wear item like scaboy said... its gonna be way to easy for them to say you burnt it up.... unless it actually failed and came apart somehow, I dont think that you will stand much of a chance, unfortunately.

Old 01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Love the g/f

The only item's listed in the manual that are specific wear items are, oil, oil filter, spark plug, and brakes. I'm going to give them a call monday and see what they say. If nothing else I'll adjust on it alittle.

I've only had the bike 4 months.

Quick Reply: Love the g/f *update*