Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Pipes

Yeah, I know the pipe questions are getting REALLY old, but I looked through at least 100 other ones in a search and none were asking my question. Right now I have Toomey T-5's, but I would like to get pipes that have a wider power band and more low to mid power. The top end power produced by these T-5's just scares me, spinning the tires going 75 is crazy. I was looking at the TR-6's but the site never really said where they helped the most. Are the 6's a better low and mid pipe and if not what is?

Old 01-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee Pipes

The T-5s were basically replaced by the T-6s. Just a slight improvment all across the band. The Toomey pipes have always been designed for more top end punch. The FMF SSTs are almost the same as the T-5 and T-6 setups with just slightly more mid range. The FMF Fatties, IMO, are the best all around pipe for Banshee riders unless you ride in wide open areas all the time. They have awesome bottom to mid range punch and still give excellent top end power; just not to the extent of the Toomeys or SSTs. Also, carbs and intake setup can really change the way a pipe produces power. Try some different combos with intake before you go buy another 500 or 600 dollar pipe setup.

Old 01-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Pipes

A good set of reed cages like Delta V-Force II, or porting out the stock ones (that what I did) along with increasing the compression will give you alot more bottom. I have top end drag pipes and I have incredible bottom end which was mainly from the ported reed cages. Where I ride no one running CPI's has the bottom end I have and a powerband that comes on below 1/4 throttle, just something to think about if you haven't done these mods yet, which is less money than changing pipes.

Old 01-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Pipes

i really personally love the fmf fatties with the power core 2 silencers on the banshee. do those, switch to a boyeson rad valve setup and you will get what you want. great sound, great power throughout the whole powerband runs really sweet with this setup. or if looking for a good woods setup go for the dynoport 2into1. either way both real good setups just depends on what you are really doin, tell me what type of terrain and conditions you are running in and i can tell you exactly which route to go.

Old 01-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Pipes

It does have V-force reeds. I was thinking about getting it ported, how much would that help? Should I stick with the T-5's and have it ported for low and mid power or switch to a low-mid power pipe?

Old 01-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Pipes

Originally posted by: HiFlyinRaptorRyder
It does have V-force reeds. I was thinking about getting it ported, how much would that help? Should I stick with the T-5's and have it ported for low and mid power or switch to a low-mid power pipe?
To me sticking with the T-5's would be the best option and should give you the best of both with a good all around port job and T-5's respond really well to porting.

Old 01-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Pipes

One more thing make sure your mid-range jetting (needle position) is dailed in good by moving the clip up and down a slot and see what it does to when the powerband kicks in, and whoever does your port work let them know you want a broad powerband.

Old 01-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Range Rover
Default Banshee Pipes

My 370LR has CT MX pipes on er, she has plenty of snap right off idle, and she will rev to the moon!!! Quite the opposite of when she was stock!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Ran my lil Bros' 250R on asphalt and she pulled him by about 3 links, we shut down at about 5th, damn asphalt was eating up those holeshots on both bikes!!!!!! Dat Shee pulls and pulls and pulls!! I am very satisfied with the pipes, looking forward to taking her to the track once the geometry is up to par!! I know that it would not hang with my bros' R on da track right now!! His is about twice as low b/c of those Elkas' all da way around!! Gotta have dat durn swing arm cut by about 2" as well!! oh well only a few more months and she will be ready to SSSSMMMOOOOOKKKKKEEEEEEE some 250R as well as anything else around the track!!
LONG LIVE DA SHEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Old 01-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Pipes

If you get porting done make sure its a shop that does "BOOST PORTING" that will give you tons of bottom end. There's all kinds of porting and it will change the way a banshee's power comes on and a good port job with boost porting will give it all of what you want and add lots of bottom end.

Pat

Old 01-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Pipes

the pipe i like for bottem to mid range is FMF gnarly's. they remind me of the fattys but with way more bottom end and they keep pulling after that. the fattys hit hard in the midrange and keep on pulling. i would really consider the fmf gnarlys.

Quick Reply: Banshee Pipes