Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior....cheap mods????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior....cheap mods????????

i just bought a warrior 350(1987) and i was wondering what cheap mods, besides an exhaust system, will get me up over 20 hp without spending more than 200 bux. after i get these mods i will probably get a exhaust system but i do not know which one to get..... plz help someone

Old 01-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

K&N filter, modify airbox (free), re-jet. That should get you close.

Old 01-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

yup...white Brothers e-series pipe...new airfilter...rejet. depending on what kind of riding you do you may want to leave the airbox cover open. when you purchase your exhaust... leave the stock header pipe. there are no gains in a new one.

i would probably invest my money into suspension before i'd try and squeeze more performance out of a warrior. heres why...the shocks tires and handle bars are the worst. the tires are to rolly polly. the shocks begin to fade after an hour of aggressive riding. and the handle bars encourage you to sit while riding. when i added ITP holeshots, tag bars (cr low bend) and some works shocks (front). thats when i really started having fun with the warrior.

to sum it up...i don't thnk its worth squeezing more HP from a warrior until you addressed the issues that keep you from using the full potential of the stock setup. with the changes to suspension ive recommended...you will be going faster because the suspension can keep up. then you can add a few more ponies.

just my advice.

Old 01-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i was gonna get the K&N filter a jet kit ITP holeshots n FMF909 bars.. not sure on bend.. but mgiht go with the tag.. and i know what your sayin with the bars.. i need new 1's neway there bent now...

Old 01-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

wish i had about 500 for a works rear shock....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look on eBay for a stock raptor rear shock dude....you can find them cheap and they will perform just as well as the Works.

Old 01-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Change your front sprocket from 13t to 12t if you have tires bigger than 20". That was a good mod i did before i sold it.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Question, as I'm considering either the Warrior or maybe KFX440, but why wouldn't a guy just buy the 400 rather than spend all the money on the somewhat outdated Warrior? I'm not "young" anymore, physically anyway, but want a nice, comfortable sport quad. Now have a Vinson, would someday soon like to add to the stable. By the time you buy pipe, suspension parts, etc., you could have spent the $1000 for a more modern, liquid cooled machine with more power. Just wondering for my own decision.

Old 01-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

DS650 and KFX700 are the big plush quads. Z400 is a smaller and made to be agile and such. Warrior is comfortable and plush but not too fast.

Old 01-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

kfx400 over warrior? its the kfx400 for exactly the reasons you gave.

the only reason i'd go with a warrior over a kfx400-z400 is if i was using the quad for more trail type riding. let me expand even further. if i was going deep woods...and could NOT bring a utility. i'd be on a warrior. they are bullet proof. they are the Humvee of quads. yet they are sporty. quick. good ergo's for bigger riders. and they've been building them for over 10 years now. no problem finding parts.

they also sell racks if you need to bring supplies in with you. hell...when i ride deep into moose country up here in NH. i leave the raptor behind. and load the warrior up. theres no doubt in my mind, the warrior gonna bring me back everytime. i know my buddies confidence goes up...when they know im behind them with the Warrior and tow strap.

it also a great entry level machine... my wife rides it. my nephews. my friend who haqve never ridden a quad. but don't get me wrong. it is competitive. ive overtaken ex's, raptors etc in the woods. i like to think thats more of the rider...but the machine allows it.

and again...KFX over a warrior? i'd go with the Kawi. but im also very happy with my warrior.

Quick Reply: warrior....cheap mods????????