Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What is the low down on Howard Dean against ATV's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 12:22 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the low down on Howard Dean against ATV's?

I've read in the past something about Howard Dean campaigning against ATV riders... I am real curious to read any "official" interviews or statements which show this. Does anyone have any info on that? If its all true, God help us if he is elected.

Old 01-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

search yahoo but here it is. i posted it on here a while back and then some other dude put it in a more exposed forum and it did well. my hats off to him. but here it is:

'He (DEAN) and his team used the NRA, he says, to neutralize the most ardent property-rights Republicans in the legislature. They then went to the snowmobilers and explained that although there would be a wilderness area off-limits to them, there would be other areas they could utilize. They used that concession, he goes on, to get the snowmobilers help in supporting the exclusion of ATVs: You cant compromise with ATVers under any circumstances, they just do too much damage to the land . . . In other words, Dean says, you assemble the broadest coalition possible and then parcel out something for everybody. Now, it cant be everybody, because theres always those on the extreme edge of the right who want to clear-cut everything, thats their idea of sustainable timbering . . . But in general, he says, you work with all the stakeholders, and then if one element of the coalition starts to defect, if the snowmobilers, say, try to link up with the ATVers, which they sometimes threaten to do, you put the leverage on. You say, If its a choice between letting the ATVs in or keeping the snowmobile people out sorry, well see you later. And that brings the snowmobilers back to the table . . .'

He is bad news for ATVS. Id rather have al gore in the running than him... pas the word. NO DEAN!!!

Old 01-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...=howard%20dean

Old 01-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Range Rover

Glad I live in Oklahoma where we have several state run ORV parks to go with the large number of ORV parks on private land. I couldn't imagine living in Connecticut or Vermont where there is no support for the sport at all outside your own yard. I'd like to also add that Oklahoma is one of the few states that has given their electoral college votes to the Republicans for the last 24 years (or more... I can only remember elections back to 1980)... even in the Clinton years. Too bad we don't have as many electoral college votes to offer as the heavily populated states.

Wish I could vote against Dean in the democratic primary here but I'm registered Republican... I don't think they take too kindly to the opposition trying to line up the easiest defeat LOL.

Old 01-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Am I such a bad American. I ride. What do these people do for fun?
I can't even imagine.....

Old 01-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

I agree ridinwarrior. maybe they should open there eyes, atvs bring families together, keep kids away from drugs (im 15 and i am completely clean as well as about 95% of my other friends that ride quads), they give people careers and jobs, they provide loads of fun. Im tired of these treeF#@#$ers trying to get rid of my quad, how come i never hear about the damage dirtbikes do? and those sleds that can do 120+, just people like picking on the ATVers.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

Dean's a nut and a loose-lipped crackpot. Bush will bury him (even after his idiotic immigration program).

Dean is leading by activating the far left fringe of the Democratic party. He won't be able to run to the center fast enough to do any good, and has too wacky of a track record now to be taken very seriously in the general election.

But hey, we did elect slick willie, twice.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Best thread I have seen this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

No left wing liberal will ever get my vote!

Heard a funny but, true thing today. . .

Do you know why California wasn't targeted for any terrorist action? They don't want to kill their support base!

True liberals don't support terrorism but, they aren't at all serious about going after them and making them pay for what they have done to US!

As for ATV's. . . seriously. . . I only ride in the sand. you could have every ATVer on the forums at Glamis for a week and after one good wind storm you would never know we were all there! Yes, we all need to be responsible and stay on trails and pick up after ourselves (garbage) but, Mr. Dean has no idea how much this sport contributes to jobs in California and in the US. What an Idiot!

Old 01-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Couple of years back they tried to close down Unit 13 which is called the Nelchina Basin up here in Alaska and they tried to pit everyone against us wheelers and they screwed up and and let it out that horses chew up the trail and they would of been banned for the wet season {all the time, except when there is snow} and also the mountainbikers would of been banned so they would of only let hikers roam free. Suprisingly we got enough signatures to put the propsal down, but they tried to divide us and it failed, everyone should have access to the area. Now they are trying to get together and map all the trails to establish a trail guide to prevent more trails from poping up. As it is you can ride where you want just about everywhere. As for Al Gore, he pictures Alaska as one big park and you should not be able to do anything with it, heck with him you would need a permit to mow your lawn{actually it probaly take to long to get, maybe while waiting for it I can go ride, doesn't sound so bad} AlaskaBoy.

Old 01-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ridnwarrior
Am I such a bad American. I ride. What do these people do for fun?
I can't even imagine.....
What does Dean do for fun. He removes and reinsert's the stick he has up his A$$. They say he is very thin skinned and will not put up with any humor. How could he be president with Saturday Night Live around? They would torture him, if he's that way.

Quick Reply: What is the low down on Howard Dean against ATV's?