Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What is the low down on Howard Dean against ATV's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the low down on Howard Dean against ATV's?

I appreciate you cander and your opinions on the matter KGB. I was merely making the point that even those who claim independence now, have in the past taken advantage of the power of the parties and would otherwise probably have never gained the seat of office they now occupy. If you can't tell, I love politics I just hate politicians. Kind of a catch 22. Thanks for the debate.

Happy Riding

~HoundDog

Old 01-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Range Rover

Seems to me that every time Mr. Dean opens his mouth, his foot is hanging out of it. Sorry to say this to all you Democrats out there, but we're watching it (Democrat Party) self destruct, live, in person. I've always felt that Dean was too naive to be President. Now, I think that he's also too dangerous to be the Commander-In-Chief.

Old 01-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

i dont think it would ever happen, think of how much money all the atv manufacturers would lose? i dont know but all that i know is this guys got a stick up his butt. even if this law did happen i would still ride, it doesnt make a difference, i still live in jersey..lol.. we all can be REBELS!!...j/k lol

Old 01-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Forget Republican and Democrat for a moment. Let's talk Conservative and Liberal, that's what is important. Ideology is more important than affiliation. I actually would consider myself a Paul Revere Libertarian but I would have no one to vote for. The difference between the Right and Left comes down to do you earn or acquire your piece of the American pie or are pieces of that pie distributed to you as some beauracrat sees fit. I'll TAKE mine, thank you.

My biggest concern is the Left's desire to appease and conform to the world communities agenda. Screw that! Since World War II this country has worked like a dog and has been taxed to the hilt to rid the world of Communism and we did it basically SINGLE-HANDEDLY. To the victors go the spoils! We didn't beat the Soviets with missles we used, we defeated them with missiles we built and they bankrupted their society trying to match us.

Next up, the Islamic world. And let no Nation stand against us in our pursuit to live in safety.

I hope that someday soon we can turn our efforts inward and raise this country to the lofty heights that are attainable but unfortunately the world will not allow us to do that right now.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

I can see angry atv'ers ripping thru dean's yard right now.....hahahahaha

Old 01-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

seriously tho, he complains about atv's ripping up the land...when we had a ski hill in our area I've gone to since I was about 4 years ago..
one year they decided to 'log' it off...that year there was atleast 60 trees throughout that hill and 4 foot dirt baracades going all the way up it making it almost impossible to even walk up...and it has been that way for a few years now. he is complaining about what little atv's do? why not focus on the companies that day after day pollute our oceans lakes and rivers with garbage and when people eat the fish out of it they get sick...
some people are so lame

Old 01-10-2004, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

I love these kinds of debates.

To TRX440:

You claim that party affiliations mean little and that only views of conservative/liberal and left/right wing make a difference. This point is very arguable, however, let us not forget who coined these terms... The terms left and right wing were invented by the media to establish a severity of view of candidates within their affiliated party assuming the candidate carried the views of their party (meaning Democrats represent libertarians and Republicans represent conservatives). Be careful not to mix these terms as one resides within the other. It is also important to note that a right wing Democrat is still considered more liberal than a left wing Republican unless specified that said candidate shares "anti-party" views. A simple look at the current candidates for the Democratic primary will reveal such a trend as none have views near as conservative as the current administration. Ergo, the problem is not merely a conservative/liberal question but once again gives way to the loyalties of and to the party backing each candidate.

To Pimp250R:

I couldn't agree more. However, until ATVers find a way to create as powerful a stand of politacal interest groups (PACs) and are able to raise as much money to work the political process as those companies profiting from the exploitation of the land we wish only to ride on, we will see no change in the trend of power which you have described. Sadly, they just have more clout than we do.

~HoundDog

Old 01-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Range Rover

Hound,

Very well said... You've expressed my sentiments exactly. I agree with your views and your rational. I truly believe that we are in fact engaged in World War III, but this time America's enemy is not a nation, but an idea... An idea that would destroy religious, political and economic freedoms and thrust the world back into the 14th century. Liberals like Dean believe you can always negotiate with mad men like this... That the UN will protect our way of life. The truth is, that the UN is a failure and you can not negotiate with terrorists.
If the European nations continue to try and "wish away" the problem of terrorism, let them do so. It will not be long before a French made Airbus 340 will smash into the Eiffel Tower or EU headquarters in Brussels. We've had our wake up call. Anything less of a reaction to what we've done since then would be irresponsible. I believe the actions of the Bush Administration have been correct and fully justifiable.
As I said earlier. Dean is worst then just naive... His ideas are dangerously naive.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

Man, BUsh opens the border and we know about the lefties, what are we gonna do?

This just shows that the atv folks, snowmobilers, jet skiers, hunters, fisherman, and 4x4 folks HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER!!!!!! If we turn on one, it WILL get turned on us!!!! WE TOGETHER can stop the treehuggers and envionazis. Otherwise the whole country will get shut down for the 2 hikers and 1 birdwatcherr everyone is always so worried about.