Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2 K&N's on a pro flow adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 K&N's on a pro flow adapter?

Can I get 2 K&N's on a pro flow adapter? I know that there are other adapters that can, but i dont feel the need to spend more money on something that is similar to what i have.

Old 01-08-2004, 06:39 AM
Pro Rider

You might be able to get two new filters to fit the pro flow adaptor. A tip. Get filters that fit the nice and tight onto the adaptor, then try and find the filter with the biggest surface area. Meanings if you can get a similar filter but the length is different take the bigger one. If you are strapped for space to fit it, it might be a nice thing to try using those universal oval filters. Then don't take the tapered ones go for straight. Tapered ones have a little less surface area. The bigger the surface area the better they flow and the more power they give. If they are too small they will rob power.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Well I plan on eliminating the airbox all together, so as big as I can get, I was just wondering if anyone has done this so they could give me the correct size filters. Looks like ill measure the holes and look for the correct filters.

Old 01-10-2004, 01:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you'll get two filters to fit and if you do they'll be to close together and will chaffe holes in the outerwear in no time. The holes are just to close together. I'll be at Glamis next weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You going to make it?

Old 01-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Ill be broke next weekend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Want to pay for my gas money, and your adapter with K&N's? I'll throw in some money for the outer wears [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Maybe it will be easier to just buy that thing from you. I'll let you know in a few days

Old 01-11-2004, 12:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: XxDumontRaptorxX
Ill be broke next weekend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Want to pay for my gas money, and your adapter with K&N's? I'll throw in some money for the outer wears [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Maybe it will be easier to just buy that thing from you. I'll let you know in a few days
I'm already married.