Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Lying Yamaha Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lying Yamaha Dealership

Originally posted by: Sheesnojoke
I would really like to feel sorry for some of you guys with your Raptors,but 2 of my friends own Raps and one is an 01'.

Neither one of them has had ANY problems with theirs.Both machines have well over 150 hrs on them and are ridden fairly agressively.Both are piped and one is cammed.

What exactly are you guys doing to these things?All I hear is constant complaints on how this broke or how that broke.Then you get angry when non raptor riders call them craptors and the dealers refuse to warranty them.

If I was a mechanic and constantly saw the same machine coming in time after time,I would red flag you too.You guys must really be abusing your machines.I'm sure theres other Raptor riders who will tell you the same.

Some 01 trannies were bad,but theres a ton of good ones still out there.Neither one of my friends raps have had any starter or one-way issues.Thats why I believe most of the blame is operator error.I'm not trying to blame your riding habits,but I just don't believe the raptor is that unreliable.

my starter has gone out. what did I do, push the start button too hard? maybe too often?? come on, they are off-road vehicles. According to Yamaha, they are supposed to be ridden hard. Have you seen their advertisments? Yamaha has problems and they need to address them. period!

Old 01-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Im not the type of person to complain about things breaking, I had alot of riding on my 01 tranny. It blew out, sure I was upset, but nothing lasts forever. It would be nice if yamaha would back up there stuff, but I like to fix the bike, makes me feel better when I ride it. I would gain alot of respect if yamaha warenteed there stuff better, but if it breaks, I just fix it. I do however feel bad for the people who just ride and have these things go out when they havn't used the quad that much, or giving it a beating. I give mine a beating, so when something breaks I accept it and go on.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

trapland lol. it may be true

Old 01-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: BigBearFX
trapland lol. it may be true
I guess its easy for me to say. I've never had a warranty issue or major breakdown. I bought it in winter 02 and drove it all through the snow. Then used it to pull docks INTO the lake. Got off of it while in the lake to do something and it drifted into 4 feet of water. It had to be there just floating up to the seat and running for 10 minutes till I noticed it.

Rode it all spring hard. Put it away for the summer (wierd I know) cuz I wakeboard all summer. Added a pipe & powerlid this fall and have put probably 150 hours on it.

Am I due? Or just lucky? I do maintain the thing, maybe thats all it takes.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:23 AM
ben
Trailblazer

i hope that 686 kit was not on the same raptor that you took in for warranty.if that 686 kit was on the same raptor,that could be a reason

Old 01-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

no, this is a different raptor.

Old 01-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

I looked at a used Z400 at my local dealer and sure enough the Frame was broke in the normal spot, not just cracked but broke clean through very noticable. I went to the manager and asked how much they wanted, he said $5299!!!!!! My buddy was there too and he said that much with a broken frame and he claimed he had no idea, we took him out and showed him the brake. He said the would fix it right away. I live 10 minutes away so I went through there for a week and they never touched and one day it was gone, I am pretty sure they sold it that way!!!! Figures the big car dealership next door ownes them too, I can't stand even waking in that place, they hound you to buy everything in the place at a very high price....... I will never buy from them again!

Old 01-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

One thing that you have to keep in mind is that a high percentage of salespeople will lie their @sses off just to get you to buy something or to save themselves a buck or two. Used car salesman are without a shadow of doubt the very worst. There a lot of good salespeople out there who genuinely care about the business they do, however most will tell you exactly what you want to hear.

Read the fine print, stick to your guns and be informed, this will lessen the number of times you get screwed. Notice I didn't say alleviate, there is always someone slicker than you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]