Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Little and Yami put it to Farr and his new ride...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little and Yami put it to Farr and his new ride...

Little drove his YFZ passed Farr for the first round of the Pro Stadium series. Goust got by Farr as well on his little Z.....

Did the new Honda lay down, or is Farr getting fat off the Honda $$$$.......

Old 01-12-2004, 01:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey, do not slam HONDA. You will give the red bloods a heart attack. LMAO. Lillte and Gust may have put it to Farr but we all know the honda handles best and is most reliable. Hmm. but when a quad runs SLOW it should handle? And if it only puts out 31 HP is should be reliable. For the Honda guys that have waited since 1999 for a replacement to the 400ex. LOL

My buddy sold his red framed yfz450 2 weeks ago and put money down on a new Honda450. (Rodsquad said he hated the red yamaha frame) Well this week he bought a new BLUE yfz450. He said he is still going to take delivery of the honda when ever it arrives but decided it was not going to be superior to the yamaha450.

Old 01-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

FTZLT250r, I'm sure it has to do with the $$$$$.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]lol They would have to pay me alot to ride it too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] LMFAO

Old 01-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

I have seen both Farr's Honda and Natalie's YFZ - neither have impressed me in the power department like I had expected from all the rage...

Old 01-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

I dont guess you ever heard that it is about 90% rider, 10% quad. What a dumb thread.

Old 01-12-2004, 02:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wasn't the Honda guys staying alive off Farr, and his performances on the new R????

What will keep their hearts beating now???

Old 01-12-2004, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
Wasn't the Honda guys staying alive off Farr, and his performances on the new R????

What will keep their hearts beating now???
Interesting to hear from a guy trading up from a raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Seriously but I am as curious as anyone else to see how these machines compare in full modded condition.

I cant see the quad being as bad as the Yami fans would like to think because the motor has the ability to make power or the 2 wheel version would be frowned on and it isnt and is pretty much just the opposite and was recently named bike of the year by dirt rider etc.

Would anyone be suprized if these two machines end up very close in open pro level competition? I sure wouldnt and even though I have owned machines from both these mfg's I still know they are not putting the same efforts and $$$ into them as the CR or YZ. To me this is the true battle, and not which is better off the showroom floor or even when heavily modded.

Old 01-12-2004, 04:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

We can all only hope that the quads fight tooth and nail all season long, when the factories fight, the consumers win! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Give 'em some time to dial things in, and get some time on the machine....then pass judgement.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Hey, do not slam HONDA. You will give the red bloods a heart attack. LMAO. Lillte and Gust may have put it to Farr but we all know the honda handles best and is most reliable. Hmm. but when a quad runs SLOW it should handle? And if it only puts out 31 HP is should be reliable. For the Honda guys that have waited since 1999 for a replacement to the 400ex. LOL

My buddy sold his red framed yfz450 2 weeks ago and put money down on a new Honda450. (Rodsquad said he hated the red yamaha frame) Well this week he bought a new BLUE yfz450. He said he is still going to take delivery of the honda when ever it arrives but decided it was not going to be superior to the yamaha450.
14mins, The article I read indicated that Farr got the holeshot and kept the lead for the first half of the race. It also said the finish was very close. Now either the 450r is fast like the yfz, or the yfz is slow like the 450r, which is it? I'm just wondering how the slow 450R got the holeshot on such an amazingly fast YFZ? Maybe you could explain that one?

Oh well, not bashing just thought you would like to be a little more informed when you are developing your slow Honda theories. It's odd however, that we don't see a raptor in the top 3. My apologies, sometimes I find you are just a little to ignorant for your own good.

Try this link..........

Formula USA Pro Quad Series

Old 01-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

My mechanic is a big MX rider and he said that Jerimiah Jones told him that Farr had already fried 2 of the little R motors........that is why it is take'n so long to be released....?

Quick Reply: Little and Yami put it to Farr and his new ride...