Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Everyone compares there quads to yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone compares there quads to yamaha

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
I believe Honda has had their 450R in the works for years, while yamaha was building their yfz450 w/o as near as much testing.
The YFZ450 had been in development for years before it was released. I think the Honda may have been also, but I don't think they were finished with it when Yamaha dropped the YFZ bomb on them. That probably explains the sudden "delays" in delivery, they are trying to get a production model finished and produced.

Old 01-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

344PV: "don't see to many yamahas around like old Honda's" then your blind my friend. ever here of the Blaster (and yes thats another 2 stroke that yamaha continues to build despite the pressure from the tree huggers) which raises the next question. which company bends like a reed in the wind with the slightest pressure from the huggers? A. Honda (where did all their great 2 strokes go?? cowards) yamaha still builds and offers their 2 strokes...thank you very much

then we have the warrior. bullet proof. still running as strong as any 400-300ex. in short....dude you need glasses.

hondaracer305: i believe the world is flat. so what. but lets examine your statement. yamaha builds a full race quad. and releases it for sale with no warning in sufficient numbers to meet demand. honda shortly there after, releases a cartoon right before the biggest selling season of the year Q4. with promises of a jan release date. (in other words...don't spend your $$ on yammy...we'll have a product in Jan.) those nice enough to listen and wait. are rewarded with push off dates for a later realease date and ..oh yeah....hope your on a waiting list...cause dealers are only getting 1 each...yipee!sounds like and looks like Honda's playing catch up...and not rigorously testing this new quad...but rushing it to market.

i can't wait until Yamaha re-designs the warrior with a 400cc thumper. adding another stallion to there stall. maybe the TRX will be available then....maybe not.

Old 01-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

Dealers are only getting in 1 trx450 in each? well why would i give a crap? im getting a yfz. what i meant by yamaha not being reliable is, look at the 01 rappy gears and just some of the raptors themselves, ive seen 2 posts in the past week or 2 where people are ridding of their raptor. i like raptors and all, i like to ride my friends, but that thing clanks when ever you take it out of reverse and put it in gear. my banshee has cost us $1000 last year and now im having to get a new cdi. Ive already heard of people bending their aarms on the yfz since it was so thin, it wont stop me from getting one even though i dont want to pay for it if it does bend. And about the TRX weighing the same as the YFZ and the yfz having electric start, well 8 lbs isnt going to make a big difference at all, just another thing for people to whine about on the trx, but i dont blame some people that want a quick way to start it in a race. One more question, why are people already saying that the trx sux and crap, you havent even ridden it. Honda has their hands tied up in the real profit makers, cars, that may be one of the reasons they havent released a new quad till now.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

I believe Honda has had their 450R in the works for years, while yamaha was building their yfz450 w/o as near as much testing.
That is a false assumption.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:35 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

***, out of U and ME

Old 01-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Don't these Honda guys have a thread somewhere else?!?!? Get over the fact that up to now Honda's last fast quad was built in 89'. Yama buddies, it's just a case of little man's disease. LOL

Old 01-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

they have been desingning the YFZ before the raptor was thought of or developed,so i thenkt hey covered all there basis..

it'a a great bike.

Old 01-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 250R4LIFE
omg, well forgive me for exaggerating, honda has been working on it for months longer than the yfz. If not, then show me where you got the info, i havent seen any yet.

Old 01-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 250R4LIFE
omg, well forgive me for exaggerating, honda has been working on it for months longer than the yfz. If not, then show me where you got the info, i havent seen any yet.
Where's your info?

Old 01-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Range Rover

250R4life, you are the classic example of which company makes better quads. Period. There are MANY like you who got tired of waiting 15 years for honda to put a machine in production that was faster than yamaha. It still hasn't happened. And by the time the 450R actually becomes widely avialable, the aftermarket companies will be making too much money building up the YFZ to bother making any go-fast parts for the already obsolete 450R.

BTW, I love my raptor, but I want a 250R just cuz there soon will be no more. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Everyone compares there quads to yamaha