Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

can't...stop...spending (YFZ)...need....help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't...stop...spending (YFZ)...need....help

LOL, it's an addiction. Seriously, I'm going to start a group therapy for those unfortunately afflicted with this disease.

Earlier this month, I got Works triple rates for the front, and it just seemed wrong to have a stocker in the rear, so I got a Works for the rear too. But I didn't like the external reservoir on my Banshee, so I put it on my Warrior, and got a Pep rear shock. I swore I was done for the month, then got a great deal on a LSR swingarm and Durablue axle. I swore I was done, then I got a great deal on a set of a-arms...and I'm still working on how I'm going to pay for the a-arms (payday is a week away!).

My name is Colby and I'm a quad-mod-aholic.

Old 01-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

wow K&N all the way..

Old 01-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Right now I'm doing everything I can to not buy a full set of ZPS shocks.

I got to keep telling myself that I don't need them, my shocks are fine. I don't know how much longer I could hold out.

Old 01-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

What's really bad is the fact that I won't be riding for another few months...... So, I've got all this crap laying around waiting to be put on. Oh well, the YFZ should be pretty sweet come Spring.

Old 01-19-2004, 07:37 PM

as for all your money spending problems, I feel your pain, but I also seem to go through quads fast, so when I sell it, I realize how much money I have into it, and how little I get back out. It happens. Anyway I've had a K&N on my last 2 machines (Warrior and Raptor) and as long as you maintain it, it works excellent. I never found a SPEC of dust or dirt in my intake. Keeps heavy dust out well, an adds good hp when installed w/ pipes & jet kit. Just my 2 yen,

Patrick

Old 01-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Range Rover

Yep, a few survival tips for quadmodaholics:

1) Buy used. A '04 Banshee is no different from an '00 Banshee. Sure one has more wear, but you're going to mod it! With the money you'll save on the purchase, you can fix almost any part of the quad and still have plenty left for aftermarket parts.

2) Ebay. Find good condition, used aftermarket parts for way less than used. They're gonna be used after one season anyways...

3) Pay cash. Don't use Yamaha cards or the such. If you can't afford to pay, don't play. I'm a bankruptcy attorney and if I see one more client with $40k of credit card debt and an '02 Raptor with Elka shocks, I am going to frickin' explode!

4) Don't mod it if you don't want it. Modding is fun, but it is also a poor investment. Do it for you, not for resale. Therefore, if you've got a Warrior until you can afford a Z400, then leave the Warrior alone. The mod money can go into savings (I know it's hard to let it sit when those Works shocks are calling out to you) and get you a quad you plan to keep for the long haul that much quicker.

Of course these are just my opinions, for what they're worth...

Old 01-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Range Rover

I heard that a credit card, internet and subzero temperatures outside equals too much time to sit around and buy stuff!