Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I tried to buy a new Rhino from Sherman Powersports??!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I tried to buy a new Rhino from ****** Powersports??!!

Hey guess what I got a response from Sherman Power Sports and I will put it on the page. And for the sales admin the guy talking about coming down there and looking at the bike was me. I know it happened for a fact because I was there. And yes you did lose a $5800 sale. And for some reason the banks you went to would not loan me the money and I can start naming bank names if you would like.

Dear Bryan:
Thanks for bringing this matter to my attention
It's all pretty simple – Dealer’ inventories are changing all the time, specifically defined and marketed units will be sold at advertised price. Usually those units will have posted quantities, stock # or some other definition, besides the price. Dealer will try to adjust inventories to some level - that's the best time for consumer to buy and get a deal. Buy quickly if you are ready - don't try to beat price even more, or typical - "let me ask my wife", or some other stories, ect.
The best way to catch those certain deals: get stock # real quick, immediately give all necessary information together with sizable and non-refundable deposit and make a full payment via wire transfer - first come first serve...
We get hundreds calls daily - "what is the best out-of-the-door” price? Very few are real cash buyers - or credit worthy. One of your chat participants mentioned that we did not finance him... We do not finance anybody - we sell motorcycles. Banks and / or finance companies do financing. We sure wish everybody would qualify – all we can do is submit paper work to the finance company, and if they say – NO – means that they do not trust that certain person with loan. Bad credit? How bad is it? Out of 40 walk-in Customers - (not call ins) - only 1 can really buy... That's walk-ins, and thousands of phone calls in addition!!!!!
I did not understand Honda Customer - we are not Honda Authorized Dealer, that's why I am a little bit surprised. Why would our Sales Rep call? For Service Customer? I just need a little more information to find out all details. If mechanic was riding in a dirt, or abusing Customer' vehicle - we always have Managers here to resolve any problems.
Warranty body work. We almost do not make warranty decisions - we submit the claim to the Manufacturer, and it's gonna be their decision – somebody got to approve the repairs – factory or Customer - if repairs were properly approved prior to actually repairing the vehicle... And just 1 toll free call to the manufacturer can stir a lot more action than BBB, though BBB is influential entity.
I feel really bad about gentleman with $5k cash in a pocket - sales guy had no reason to wheel out of the lot, while Customer is waiting. Very sorry about this incident. I do agree on that issue - since most of our employees are "motorcycle enthusiasts"...
And now about originator – Rhino guy. He started it right – “Called 10 dealers within 3 hours drive”… The end of it – it’s not the money – it’s the principals… Something does not correspond. Bottom line–Dealer will do a great deal to a loyal Customer. Just become loyal Customer – hook up with Dealership.
We are always trying to help Customers if demand is reasonable. To help loyal Customers.
We are delivering the modern products and support those products. By keeping the inventories, training Parts and Service Personnel, by displaying and maintaining a huge facilities on easy to get to and easy to find costly locations on the major highways, not on “superhighways”. We are maintaining the crews, we are managing the warranties, we are educating Customers, we are sponsoring some younger and older riders - we bring sport to the communities. To make those communities better.
To earn Happy Customers – one at a time.
Thanks again for contacting us – get off of that computer and have fun! Go ride!
Respectfully, administrator@shermanpowersports.com

Old 01-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 01-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Hutchies,
Please post my response to this e-mail in my PM to you.... this kind of pisses me off how they distort the truth.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

OK, here is my response to that e-mail...

It seems to me he is just trying to misdirect the issue involving me. When deciding who to buy from, money was the issue. Once a deal was made and broke by the dealer, it became a matter of principal. Not only did they make a deal with me, the sales guy mentioned a down payment to insure the closing of the transaction. He forwarded me to the F&I guy who said I need to get back with the sales guy after mentioning to him I was paying cash. The sales guy told me not to worry about it. So, I did offer a down payment and I would have paid in full but that was never the issue with them. They gave me their word... the guy goes to church for Christ sake. lol They are dishonest and deceitful. Iwill never buy from them and never recommend them to anyone.

Feel free to post this response along with your letter if you like. I think people should know.

Old 02-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry just now saw that you wanted me to post your reply.

Old 02-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Gregsims,

George is a foolish person. These forums average 85,000 pages read every day. This thread will exist forever. Do the math! George may not sell another Rhino for as long as he lives after this topic.

Please post the name of the dealership. These forums are meant to help other forum members. They should have an opportunity to make an educated decision on whom to buy from.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Post there name!

Even though it will hurt the other sales individuals. You need to be vocal about these things. Its important becuase it puts preasure on these establishments to change there ways of doing business. It might be just one time deal, but thats all it takes in the business world. If you purchase an item you are obligated to pay for it until its payed off. You expect the best deal possible, because you are committed for the life of the loan. If you pay cash, then you want to save as much money as possible, because we work hard for it.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

The name of the dealership is Sherman Powersports in Sherman, Texas. I doubt he could care less about this forum or what any of us think. I think he is normally the lowest price in the area and that is what most people are worried about. Regardless, I will never buy a thing from him. I will tell everyone what happened. He will try to question my credibility and there isnothing I can do about that. Just keep in mind, I have nothing to gain by posting this info for you guys.