Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yfz 450 vs. Kfx 700v-force

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yfz 450 vs. Kfx 700v-force

I know this may not seem like a real competition to some because fourwheelers are not exactly in the same category. I like the yzf because it is an actual race bike, not a sport. But at the same time that is my problem. I love to ride hard and fast and even have a few tracks on my propery. But i also have tons of trails that i like to ride down. Also all of my friends ride 4x4's and we often go riding. So there's where the v-force comes to mind because it is a larger atv with more ground clearance. I have talked to a few v-force owners who have said that it can go almost anywhere a 4x4 can go. That all seems great except for the fact of the auto transmission sport.? I'm afraid that w/ a 450 i would be limited to my riding space. Plus it has no reverse.

Old 01-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

well its all in personal preferance, the v-force has a much larger engine, and an auto tranny, and is pretty reliable, but if you want a race ready bike out of the box for mxing get the yfz450,

both are great, go to both of their sites and compare them

later

Old 01-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Don't have to worry about the lack of reverse, the yfz is so light, you can throw it in a new direction with 1 arm if need be...and you can soften the compression on the suspension and make it a very plush trails bike as well. The V-force may be better say if you were to ride for long extended periods of time...but if you are a kid at heart, you may like the yfz better...and it's definately lighter!

Old 01-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man, owning a yfz450 myself, I can say that the thing is a killer quad, and it suits my riding style excellent. IF your going to be doing a lot of trail riding though, the 450 will beat you up, as it has some pretty stiff suspension (for racing) and a really really hard "dirtbike like" seat (also, not for sitting, but for racing). I don't know if I would get one if I where you. If you trail ride with your buddies 4x4's most the time, I would go with a raptor (or if you liek the kfx more, than it). If you like ridin around your property and doing jumps an such, dont think that you can 't do it on an open class sport quad like a raptor or kfx. For jumping though, based off shear weight, I would not get the kfx700. That thing is quite the "chunk" and doesnt seem to have the best suspension either.
I own a raptor as you can see from my sig, so I am a little biast. But, I am that way, cause I am a real happy camper. I got the best of both worlds, IMO. THe raptor is great for woods, and trail riding. I love its nice cushy seat and suspension, and the reverse comes in handy. I love taking it on long rides and putt-putting around. I do a fair share of fast trail riding and moderate jumps with the raptor as well, it definately doesnt get ridden easy!
Now for more aggressive riding and serious speed, I take the 450 out. Its not the nicest thing in the world to go on long rides with, but man is it worth it just for the power and handling. My butt and shoulders dont hurt till I get home, as I am too busy having fun aboard the yfz.
If I personally had to pick between the 2, "I" would totally go for the 450, but I am not riding trails with 4x4's, and it sounds liek you do your fair share of that. I would seriously look at getting the raptor, or if you really like the kfx, then look at it. THe YFZ 450 wont be that great of a pick, for trying to go slow, and climb up really nasty goat trails. I would use my raptor for that!!

Old 01-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

The yfz450 is a slow utility quad without racks!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

" IF your going to be doing a lot of trail riding though, the 450 will beat you up, as it has some pretty stiff suspension (for racing)"

I think the 450's suspensio nis VERY plush. Have you ever ridden a Z400? That damn thing will rattle you apart. I ride some serious trails out in the Tahoe forest with mine and it's perfect. Small, light, quick through turns and handles awesome.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:31 AM
Range Rover

Well thanx for the advice everyone. I have decided to do what i really want and get yfz450 regardless of how my friends ride. I can always keep the old wolverine if i want to ride w/ them.

Old 01-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HighLifterV700
The yfz450 is a slow utility quad without racks!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

>>>>YOu mean the vforce is a utility quad without racks right.....otherwise your the biggest idiot I have seen post on here yet. ha ha

Old 01-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jus650
Well thanx for the advice everyone. I have decided to do what i really want and get yfz450 regardless of how my friends ride. I can always keep the old wolverine if i want to ride w/ them.

best of both worlds.. wish i had a Wolvy also

Old 01-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

a stock yfz will not perform well for trail/woods riding, but slap some deep tread tires and maybe an exhuast pipe with a little jetting changes you'll be rippin up those trails.