Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Stock bore with High Compression Piston - Is anyone running this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Stock bore with High Compression Piston - Is anyone running this?

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner

Dave!!! I almost Past out looking at that!!! Crazy dude!!!!
Imagine my surprise when I pulled down his pants a little to see that opened up. I was doing good until the rescue guys got their that day. Once others took over, it became a little overwhelming for a few minutes. But alls good now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hope you get things worked out with your quad. I've been in your shoes this past May 2003. It wasn't a good time in the life of my Raptor.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Raptor Stock bore with High Compression Piston - Is anyone running this?

Yeah when me and Scott where leaving you looked pretty pale dude. I didnt want to check that out at all.

Hope he is going to pull out of that ok. I cant stand it when my kids get hurt, I dont get mad at them I just get Pissed at the whole situation.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHAT BROKE!!??
I would not change the piston without putting in a stronger rod and ballancing the crank. That's why mine is still stock, I don't want to split the cases just yet.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

my piston broke. Ok, that settles it, I will have this stuff on ebay if anyone is looking for anything they would like. I need to get some money from this to pay it off..... Hopefully I can part it out and make more than I could selling it all together.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
I just get Pissed at the whole situation.
Exactly where I was.

What parts are you selling? All the motor etc? Pipe? Your not keeping the pipe for your new bike? That guy at our camp that was asking about the pipe might be interested in your pipe if your selling that.

Old 01-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I believe I will keep the pipe and a few things that will make my new bike look better. I will put out a post or pm you when I get the thing stripped down.

Old 01-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ahight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2004, 05:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have pictures of this piece now. PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.

I would give anyone this warning right now------ If you are running a 686 or higher cc engine I would HIGHLY recomend you to replace the ROD before you go any further. I wish I would have known this while I did my bike cuz it sure would have been nice to keep riding it. It looks to me that the rod failed and went thru the Pison and blew it apart in pieces and went back down and cracked the bottom of the two cases where they meet(Can this be repaired?).

The head looks good but the sleeve in my cylinder is cracked - My question is, do the Raptors get sleeved when they get bored out? Can I replace the sleeve and still be good? I am just thinking real hard about this one cuz I dont want this to happen to the new bike if I did put it back together.

Thanks

Old 01-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the cyl. can be resleeved as far as the cases there's a slim chance it could be repaired. The rod breaking sounds more likely.

Old 01-25-2004, 08:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A buddy of mine just came over and said that he may have someone to fix my case and replace the rod so I am still thinking of swapping parts to my new bike and make my old bike run just to sell it complete. But I am still not 100 % sure.

Quick Reply: Raptor Stock bore with High Compression Piston - Is anyone running this?