Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to change oil in Yamaha Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to change oil in Yamaha Raptor?

This is the first time changing the oil in my 2003 Raptor. Where do you drain the oil out? Is the only place to drain the oil out at the front where you put it in, or is there another place on the motor?

Old 01-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

14mm bolt in the center of the bottom of your oil tank and you also need to drain the oil out of the cases and the drain plug is located on the same side your shifter is on at the bottom of the case. You will have to take your motor skid plate loose to get to it and drain it. If you are still running the stock motor skid plate you can cut a square piece out of it(like I did) right under the plug that way you dont have to mess with taken the skid plate loose and this will allow access to the plug and a place for the oil to drain out. Slim

Old 01-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

One more thing. When you take your drain plug out of your oil tank have a piece of card board folded up on both sides to put up under it to drain the oil onto or you will have oil all over the place. Put your drain pan at the end of the card board and let her drain. Hope this makes since to you. Slim

Old 01-26-2004, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: SLIM660
One more thing. When you take your drain plug out of your oil tank have a piece of card board folded up on both sides to put up under it to drain the oil onto or you will have oil all over the place. Put your drain pan at the end of the card board and let her drain. Hope this makes since to you. Slim
I use a whip cream tub to catch the oil out of the oil tank, it sits perfectly on the frame, no mess and then I just dump it into my drain pan.

Old 01-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: LeftturninALQ
Originally posted by: SLIM660
I use a whip cream tub to catch the oil out of the oil tank, it sits perfectly on the frame, no mess and then I just dump it into my drain pan.
Hey thats a good idea! Thanks. Normally fool around with a funnel but that seams easier.