Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

SP 500 or Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2000, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This Yam8 child?This has certainly got to be his first experience with an ATV,and now he thinks he is ''KING OF THE JUNGLE''

Polaris computers are not made for mudding and water?''Oh great knowledgeable one''[Yam8]Could you inform me of WHAT computer on the Polaris is subjected to water and mud?I wont embarrass you any further with what would happen if I seen your Grizz and you on the same trail or mud with my little underpowerd 378cc Xplorer.We'd than see who'd leave who suckin dust.

''YOU ALLREADY KNOW''

Old 07-12-2000, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st...
I agree with BillC , his under powered Xplorer will womp on the Grizzly ANYDAY.
2nd...
For anyone that knows ANYTHING, the sp500 takes less than FIVE MINUTES TO GREASE! NO PROBLEM THERE FOR ANYONE WHO CARES FOR THEIR ATV!
3rd...
The Sportsman will go ANYWHERE. It has no limitations! (Except for LAKE ERIE)
4th...
I dont usually get this mad, but when you say "I've seen" or "I picked the Grizzly because..." doesnt mean JACK when YOU NEVER OWNED A SPORTSMAN!!!

Old 07-12-2000, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

I would put my money on the Sportsman , rode with a Grizz and there was really not much of a match, in a straight line he beat me, not by much, but who drives in a straight line? when it came to thee deep stuff I went through better but that was expected i own a Polaris. But to be honest there was not any time when either was really far behind or anything like that, they are both pretty even as far as trail worthyness. Mine rode better, for sure, his seemed to have more grunt. Mine was more comfortable , ergonomically. but i guess if a person has to choose between these two there really is not a looser.

Old 07-14-2000, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

nothiing goes through the mud like a polaris!!!

Old 07-14-2000, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

Hehe, Hoolio made me laugh this morning. I like that question. Funny thing about it is, a few weeks ago I was riding and came upon what I thought was a rolled Jeep. After a closer inspection I saw it was a Grizz. It had gone over an embankment and flipped. Luckily the rider wasn't injured. It was all my winch could do to pull it up outa there. We actually had to flip it back over and use the 4WD on the Grizz to help it out.

Old 07-14-2000, 10:24 AM
Range Rover

xepathfinder,

That has to be the most intelligent post I've seen regarding this topic.

Old 07-14-2000, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

xepathfinder is right. I had a 98 Grizz and the only place it is faster is in a straight line on SMOOTH SURFACES. If the surface is real bumpy the SP500 will take it.

sumthin4nuthin,
I bet you didn't think I would see your reply to this topic. Shame boy!!! Shame!!!! Did you not just say the other day that if you get a new bike, it will be the SP500. Fess up sissyboy!!!

Remember my Grizz overheating. The Grizz had problems occasionally too. I broke a CV Joint. I couldn't keep brakes on it.

Greg

Old 07-16-2000, 10:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I beleive that reply was made before riding your new SP500, I must say I've had a change of heart on the matter. Still not sure if one is more reliable than the other, but I don't guess it matters if you get the 5 yr warranty. My ext bike will be the SP500, or the maybe a 700, if it's out in tie..

Satisfied Greg???????

Old 07-16-2000, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

This guy probably lives near me...how bout' I give him a taste of my Xplorer400. I will do it for you Bill!!!!!

Old 07-16-2000, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

I have to disagree with you Yamy... My Xplorer is amazing and hardly ever needs repairs. I ride it pretty hard in comparison to most others. Two years and only changed brakes, rear sprocket, some little bearing and tie rods.

Not bad for a non-reliable machine eh?! Plus this quad hauls a$$ to top it all off!

Quick Reply: SP 500 or Grizzly