Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Guys I really need your help !

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys I really need your help !

The Oregon Attorney generals office issued a warning about these offers. If you get the check just hold it until it clears, and give it another week or so after to make sure it doesnt get bounced somewhere down the line. Whatever you do dont spend money or send off your machine until you've had the money for at least 3-4 weeks. You are liable if the check turns out to be forged or otherwise no good. NEVER send money back either.... SCAM SCAM SCAM DONT DO IT

Old 01-27-2004, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

thanks guys, he is a scam. the whole i have a client in the us tipped it off.
I appreciate it. I told him F U and i never want to talk again. it's to bad he's got my mailing address, oh well I'll just tear up anything that has my first name on it.

Old 01-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

The fact that he used the name Michael Smith would've tipped me off....actually would've been the icing on the cake, the whole bs about 7900 then send this much to this guy etc that would've sent bright red flags.....the only more obvious fake name would've been John Doe.

Old 01-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

This exact thing happened several times here in Anchorage. This is what he is doing, first you receive the check and it is legit, second you cash it and send your bike and the extra cash to him and you think everything is fine, what next happens will blow your mind. You receive a phone call on were is the {putanything here} that I sent you the money for and you are puzzled as who/what are you talking about. The deal is he sold something on EBAY and had them send the money to you and then you of course you sent the money to him and now you are an unknowing accompliance in a scam and the FBI comes after you for the full amount and you lose your bike in return, of course the FBI feels bad but since you did cash the check you either forfeit the cash you kept or they pursue it in a court of law. Lovely, isn't it. There are a couple of varations of this but in the end you are the one holding the bag. Good thing for you saw thru the scam and asked for help as most people do not think.AlaskaBoy.