Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Glamis is WEAK!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004 | 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis is WEAK!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by: Hossblur
Their ain't nothing wrong with hooters and booty, I'm all for them, but for as famous and spoken about as glamis is I was amazed to see the comparison to what is a good hill but by far not the best hill in idaho or utah for that matter
I havent been to St Anthonys yet, and no doubt that Choke Cherry is awesome and compared to Olds, it is much longer and steeper. Did you ride China Wall at Glamis?

Personally, I think that desert sand leaves a lot to be desired. Oregon dunes are washed weekly and there is absolutely no dust and pea size rocks. That being said, I have to say I was impressed with the sheer vastness of Glamis.

Old 01-29-2004 | 12:00 PM
Range Rover

Yes, China Wall & everything else.

Old 01-29-2004 | 09:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thunder mountain while steeper is not as long (not close) as Olds hill. Olds hill even with the whoops is a better drag race hill than Thunder mountain. imo

Choke cherry is a great HP required drag race hill as it is steep and a decent length. It's pretty much a two lane maybe 3 bikes at best near the top though.

Devils Dune is the steepest and longest dune hill I've ever seen. There are plenty more of those type at St Anthonys as well.

Sand Mountain Utah, is the longest drag race hill I've seen. Not as steep as Choke Cherry or Devils dune but a great hill to run. Might even be a tad to long in reality.

Comp hill at Dumont is the best of all worlds imo. It's fairly steep and I believe 2 tenths of a mile long. A small section of whoops, plenty of starting spots where the whoops aren't noticed at all.

Dumont is Californias St Anthonys. Not as big but has a few similar dunes as St A's.

Best Dunes, imo.

1. St Anthonys
2. Dumont
3. Ls Utah/Glamis, you choose.

One day I'll get to Oregon and Sand Mountain Nevada, until then, that's how I see it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2004 | 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

If you come to Oregon, you will rate our dunes the best[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Nothing like an ocean breeze on a 80 degree day to sooth the soul.

Old 01-29-2004 | 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

we got that at pismo but the hills are a joke,the flat drags are ok...I like the beach enviormwnt...

Old 01-29-2004 | 10:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I like the beach environment as well. Pismo is 4th on my list. It's the perfect spot when it's 100 where I live I can go to Pismo and wear a flannel all day while riding. I don't think it's ever been above 69 degrees any day I've been there. I've been in May, June, and August.

I have relatives who live 30 minutes away from one of the sets of dunes in Oregon. I <u>will</u> get to the Oregon Dunes one day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2004 | 10:23 PM
|
Pro Rider

Hey wshrdskn, hope jr is healing up! Got my new teeth 12/42 gonna hook it up sat., thanks for the help! I didn't mean to start something I was just amazed that all of the press that goes into glamis, and an outsider(i think he was form texas) Points out that the best of glamis is 3rd rate at St. A. Just thought it was funny. As far as I'm concerned I hope no one else comes to Idaho or utah, unless your blond, stacked, and allergic to clothes! Dancing queen, this is you? Kidding!!!!

Old 01-29-2004 | 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
Might even be a tad to long in reality.
Until you get a bad start and need the length in order to run someone down. You can sure use a lot of fuel on that hill. Good thing you can roll down it and be in the parking lot.

Old 01-29-2004 | 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

We just returned from Glamis and I have never had so much fun . Being from Indiana we usually ride Kentucky ,Tennessee , and have ridden quite a variety of hills and rocky stream beds . Nothing compares to to the thrill of riding along the tops of the sand bowls then dropping into those steep sand walls is a feeling one must experience. We rode to Oldmobile hill and China wall and it was a thrill to see what we had only read about in magazines.It was a trip of a lifetime for myself and the six others that went with us. Just riding back to China wall was a thrill with the razor backs and drops . It is a must if you are from the east and have never ridden vast desert dunes .

Old 01-29-2004 | 11:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jr is doing great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks

Glamis gets a lot of press because of the amount of dune area there is and the amount of people who go there. If I were living in Idaho or anywhere within a few hours of St Anthonys, I'd do everything I could to keep that place a secret. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Glamis gets better each time I go. I've been there a total of 3 times now. I hope I get there one more time this season and I'm committing myself to do Glamis for Thanksgiving 04. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The ride from China wall to comp hill is a good fun ride.

Selector, good point. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Glamis is WEAK!!!!!!!!!