Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster mods........

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster mods........

no..........there will be no oil mixing/fuel mixing going on........if I can't trust the injector I will have to find another quad.......that is the main reason that I got a craptor instead of a shee.......

Old 01-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

I think you will probably be ok, and U know the blaster is the best bang for the buck as far as power.
If you do get the blaster, just run a pure synthetic in the injector, it will reduce or eliminate the chance of a clog up. good is amsoil or bel ray si-7.

Old 01-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

my best mod is gonna be here soon... i think some1 is gonna look at it saturday... but otherwise id say the best things to start with are some good tires and a Toomey pipe kit...

Old 01-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

and vitos 240 top end kit -porting, reeds, big bore, high compression, 34mm carb, change of gearing, blabing, u don't care, if u are still reading u can stop, zzzzzzzz

Old 01-31-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

I was planing on not spending as much money on this one........
it is for the little woman and she isn't into just all out haulin aZZ constantly.....
I was just thinking pipe, reeds, and filter at first.........and if she decides she wants more, I will get some porting done.....but I doubt she will care enough to ask for more speed

is there another quad that you guys would recomend?
she either wants a blaster or a TB 250
I think the TB would be easier for her to ride........but she can learn to drive a manual.....that won't be a problem....
out of those 2 what do you folks think?
BTW she is 5'6" 104lbs

Old 01-31-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

id say blaster... the TB wouldnt be no fun, if she ever decided she wants more speed theres alot more that can be done to a blaster then a trail blazer...

Old 01-31-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Get the Blaster. Pipe really wakes 'em up, that'll do for power until she gets frisky. With the wheeler not you, now don't be thinkin' dirty here this is a family forum.

Don't listen to these yahoos about taking off the oil injector. Yamaha has made twelve billion Blasters since the 80's and if they were bad they wouldn't still have the same system. I got two Blasters. No problems. Put the right oil in them and don't let it RUN OUT.

If you can find a juice brake one '03 for the right money it's worth it for the brakes. You can put a Vito's advance offset crank key in for 25 bucks and pick up more bottom and mid too. Not a big fan, I did it on both mine and one sheared, the other's okay after a year. Offset keys are structurally weaker of course.

Old 01-31-2004, 01:41 AM
Range Rover

If I was to buy a blaster for my girl friend I would not worry about the power at all unless she is related to "Banshee Chick". I would get a Toomey pipe, K&N, and a jet kit like you said. But i know you dont want to mix your gas and oil, and i also know that it is somewhat rare for a oil injection kit to fail with a women riding it, but if you want my advice, i would purchase a oil blockoff. Not only does it save you from possibbly destroying your motor, but it also makes repairs and upgrades easier. But that is stricly up to you...(I guess im a "Yahoo"). I would look into some wheel spacers, and of coarse new tires, holeshots mabie. Vito's is good.

Old 01-31-2004, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2004, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Ive never had any problems with my oil injection and its been going strong for 3 years now. In order for the oil injection to be a BIG problem there would have to be more that break then are working, and that defently isn't the case.

Quick Reply: blaster mods........