Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MARCH DIRTWHEELS SHOOT OUT

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MARCH DIRTWHEELS SHOOT OUT

The only reason I have the auto is, my shift leg was shattered in a work accident. I lost movement to be able to shift. I had a Predator before.

I stated that point to you because, I have not met a person who rides a manual and has not stalled it. If you are one that doesn't stall a manual, then hats off to you. But I have never met one yet. So the chances of someone stalling a manual in a bad situation will be more likly then someone out in the dark when the battery dies.

Old 01-31-2004, 12:10 PM
Range Rover

I've nightridden twice at one of the local national forests.Both times I ran across stranded quads.One was a trailblazer with a dead battery.The other was a Raptor with a bad starter.I was just giving examples of what I've seen.

Sorry to hear abot the leg,I wasn't trying to give ya a hard time.

Old 01-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Sheesnojoke
That all goes back to knowing how to ride,I see you don't have any manuel clutch machines GE4x4 so I'll refrain from busting your *****.

If your riding a machine that is a B*tch to start then you'll know enough to yank the clutch when you come to a stop.Its not hard to learn ho to ride like that.I ride a CR500r and thats the last machine you want to stall going uphil.Like I said,it comes from experience and knowing your machine.
Exactly, well said why the hell would you stall it in the first place, kearn how to ride and dont kill it, its that simple.
Ever had your battery fail on you in a muddy field by yourself, well just try push starting it and you will find that it is nearly impossible, you would be wishing you had the kick start you dread so much

Old 01-31-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

What if this or that? .............................. And WHAT IF you twisted your ankle while out riding by yourself? That electric start would be really be a cool thing to have then, huh? I kicked my guts out on a 250R one time and talk about feeling like a caveman in the modern age. If I could change one thing on the 450R the kick start would have to go without a second thought.

Old 01-31-2004, 01:46 PM
Range Rover

What if this or that? .............................. And WHAT IF you twisted your ankle while out riding by yourself? That electric start would be really be a cool thing to have then, huh? I kicked my guts out on a 250R one time and talk about feeling like a caveman in the modern age. If I could change one thing on the 450R the kick start would have to go without a second thought.

Its not Hondas fault that you wear a skirt under your riding pants.

Old 01-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Range Rover

Reverse would have been nice a couple times in the tight woods with 100 lbs. of extra clothing on and snowing ...lol.....gets pretty tiring but i'll live.

Old 01-31-2004, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Sheesnojoke

Its not Hondas fault that you wear a skirt under your riding pants.
As well as its not Hondas fault that you can't figure out how to maintain your quad, MORON!

Old 01-31-2004, 01:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Isn't it great having all these choices. Now you can pick your preference for the quad that best fits your use. Whether you MX, harescramble, trail, or drag.....look at all the choices you have now, as compared to just 5 years ago.

Go sit on 'em. Take 'em for a rip, and pick your fave. Don't forget to register your machine (the numbers game helps your political lobbyists), join a club and or racing organization. There's power in numbers. Or, just **** and moan about $15 here and $20 there for club dues, and watch your riding areas disappear. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2004, 03:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

all quads should come with electric and kick start and reverse, wether you need it or not it is there. Nowadays the weight is not that great of a factor. Very few of the 500,000 plus quads sold every year are raced for money.

Old 01-31-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

I can't down a quad for not having electric start nor reverse but I'd hate to find out how hard it is to kick when you've stalled it & are teetering at the top of a nasty hill climb! But then again, with the extra weight savings of not having either, maybe we wouldn't stall it at that point?
I've actually seen a LT250 stall it at the top of a hill climb & I never seen anyone kick start it so quick!!!

Quick Reply: MARCH DIRTWHEELS SHOOT OUT