Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MARCH DIRTWHEELS SHOOT OUT

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 05:11 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MARCH DIRTWHEELS SHOOT OUT

Foreseeing any and all obstacles under all riding conditions is next to impossible. To make a blanket statement that if you ever stall your quad while riding implies that you need to learn how to ride, is Absurd.

Electric start as well as Reverse, are Not required for someone to be able to start their quad or to be able to back out of a tricky spot, they are tools used to make the job easier. If that implies or infers that I am somehow less of a Man or need to learn how to ride better, then so be it. I call it Smart.

Funny little story. My Buddies kid gets on this kick about Not Needing reverse. First he rode a Blaster, now a Predator. He was always going on and on about how he didn't need reverse, and we kept helping him pull his quad out of sticky spots, or helping him turn it around. Finally, we got tired of listening to him tell us that he didn't need it, so we decided to stop helping him. A lot of times we go out and make our own trails. Now after a long day of riding, busting through the brush and of him having to get himself unstuck, he is starting to re-think his opinions about reverse. Especially since the Pred weighs a lot more than the Blaster did.

Anyone that doesn't like to make their lives a little easier and wants to prove how manly they are, should go out and disconnect the Power Steering, Power Brakes, Cruise Control, Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Door Locks and while you're at it, just tear that Stereo out of your Vehicle and through it away. You don't need any of that stuff to drive your Vehicle. Not if you are a REAL MAN. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Who needs remote controls for the TV real men get up and turn the ***** on there 12" B&W TV. How about cable for that matter you real men must just have Rabbit ears right! High speed internet Ha real men use modems! We are just all spoiled right! Back in my day real men...Blah Blah Blah!

Sorry I love my HDTV with surround sound system and DVD player, and my digital cable and My high speed internet and high speed computer, I also like my ELECTRIC start and REVERSE! I used to ride an LT500 back when I was a Real man! Well I guess there are Real men and Smart men what are you?

Nocando

Old 02-02-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

different strokes 4 different folks

Old 02-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

Anyone that doesn't like to make their lives a little easier and wants to prove how manly they are, should go out and disconnect the Power Steering, Power Brakes, Cruise Control, Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Door Locks and while you're at it, just tear that Stereo out of your Vehicle and through it away. You don't need any of that stuff to drive your Vehicle. Not if you are a REAL MAN.

RPM,its funny that you mentioned that.

My first car was a 69'Mustang Grande V8 4spd car with manuel steering and manuel drum brakes(no power assist on either).No air conditioning and a crappy heater.It had the cold air induction vents,which basically worked like airconditioning when the rear quarter windows were rolled down.None of the gauges worked except the gas gage and tachometer.The cruise control was a 1' round stick 24 inches long that you jammed the throttle with.It had the his/hers sunroof and it leaked bad.I drove it for 4 years,even through winter.

You don't have to be a REAL man to drive a car like that,but it helps.You really just have to be a VERY VERY careful driver thats built like a Gorilla with the brains of a peanut.It was great to work on cause ther was hardly anything that could go wrong.I guess I like the simplicity.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: arobred400
.........kearn how to ride and dont kill it, its that simple..............
Must be nice to have never stalled a quad or a bike before in your life, wish I was that good . Maybe you should "kearn" to spell as good as you ride.

Old 02-02-2004, 03:08 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sheesnojoke The cruise control was a 1' round stick 24 inches long that you jammed the throttle with.

It was great to work on cause ther was hardly anything that could go wrong.I guess I like the simplicity.

You could have gotten a nasty sliver from your Cruise Control, I mean Cruise Stick. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2004, 05:36 AM
Pro Rider

OMG!!!!! are you joking? you mean that Dirtwheels actually gave a yamaha the win over a Honda????? i have to see that to believe it, they are so bias toward honda its not even funny anymore. Dirtwheels actually denied honda a win after all these bias years....lmao...no wonder we got so much snow...lmao.

Old 02-06-2004, 06:42 AM
Pro Rider

Well, some poeple prefer reverse and electy start, and some don't like it, or do not like it. I do not really care. I like eletric start, basicly becuase its the only kind I have every HAD. But like on the trz450r it is just as good on there. As dirt Wheels said "honda decision on putting the kickstart on the trx450r was a bold one" Yes, I agree that kickstarts a nice. I like them because you can not really have a problem with them. But thats just me.

And the topic name...I think that dirt wheels is a great magazine, and I think that they allways make honda look nice because they are. I mean, if there is not a better quad, then why say its crap. But I am not sure, I don't work there. But they did look like they put down honda, but I guess the rider they had to test it said it was the best, and the other yfz450 rider said "ITS AWESOME!" so, I guess they took that and put that into the magazine.

Magazine's are just worth $0.02, just like me.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Before I bought my banshee I had a utility quad that had electric start and a pull. That was great I ended up haveing battey problems one day and luckly I had my back up. If I am wrong correct me but I thought that raptors had something that made them very hard to tow start. That sucks. I loved elctric start but if I could have either and only that I would take a manual method. You just dont have to worry about electrical problems. As to the stalling if any of you have rode a banshee first off I might stall once in a whole day of rideing so its not a problem, but they restart with one half *** kick so its not a prob at all. I guess love what you got but I dont think I'd pick a quad because of the way it starts, if tuned properly it should be easy either way.

Old 02-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

they only put a kick on it to keep it close to the racing scene.

Quick Reply: MARCH DIRTWHEELS SHOOT OUT