Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ROUND 1 OF THE 2004 GNCC PRO CLASS RESULTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:33 AM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROUND 1 OF THE 2004 GNCC PRO CLASS RESULTS!!!

1 Wialliam Yokley SUZUKI
2 Bill Ballance YAMAHA
3 Matt Smiley YAMAHA
4 Chris Borich YAMAHA
5 Brandon Ballance YAMAHA
6 Gregory Trew YAMAHA
7 Todd Knippenburg HONDA
8 Johnny Gallagher YAMAHA
9 Bryan Cook YAMAHA
10 Andris Lagzdins ???????
11 Kim Kuhnle POLARIS
12 Jared Grucca YAMAHA
13 Jeff Stoess ATK [CANNONDALE]
14 Rob Zimmerman HONDA
15 Michael Houston HONDA
16 Santo Dersi YAMAHA
17 Chad Duvall YAMAHA
18 Paul Rowlands YAMAHA
19 Thoams Barrett HONDA

Old 02-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Will this be on Speed on tuesday night?

Old 02-02-2004, 01:02 AM
The Facility

Sorry, but I do not know when it will be aired.

Last year, all the televised events were a month or more after the race.

I have heard it would be different this year, but I haven't seen anything official yet.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

uh oh, SUZUKI won!

Old 02-02-2004, 01:51 AM
The Facility

I think things are going to get even better in the coming months.........

1. The Yamaha riders are out there in full force to try and get a factory ride with Yamaha. Remember.....Ballance is getting quads and parts support from them, but Yamaha has still not said whether they will have a factory rider in the GNCC.

2. Yokley is the only Suzuki guy out there........and the only fully factory backed rider. It has already been confirmed that their is a new Z coming as an '05 model that is much better than the current model.

3. Stoess, although not riding his best this weekend, is sticking with the Cannondale quad. He was entered this weekend as an ATK rider!! Still haven't figured this one out to it's extent yet.

4. Kawasaki is working on a new quad, but who knows if this really a new quad........or just a redesigned Z250 with green plastic?? We will see at the dealer show in two months.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

I think Stoess landed some kind of ATK sponsorship, hence the ATK. I think his bike has the ATK updates this year, last year he was completely stock Cannon.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:31 AM
The Facility

thomez,

Last year, he ran the GNCC and MSHS series when it didn't conflict with a GNCC race. We are having a MSHS race this coming Sunday and there isn't a GNCC.

If he's running it this year, I will see him there and get the scoop.

I find it odd that they would list him as an ATK rider based on updates to his quad because this years rules speciffically state that the quad must be a currently produced model by a manufacturer. ATK can't call a Cannondale their's because they don't own the patents....Dinli, as you already know owns that.

Kim Kuhnle, if you remember, was pulled off of the Cannondale early last season just 4 weeks after Cannondale filed bankruptcy because it was no longer considered a production model by the AMA.

After the mess was over with, and a little late, the AMA now states that with circumstances such as that, the rider may finish his current season on that model.

I'm really interested in what this ATK thing is all about. Because it goes against all the rules that apply for the 2004 Pro Class rules...............unless ATK is having a quad built based similar to the Cannondale and it debuts no later than September 2004.....which is the same production rules that apply to all AMA racing including the US supercross.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

Interesting...

They will be re-badging and upgrading a lot of quads. I think 100 is the production limit and I imagine they will be doing that many at least. They are NOT manufacturing the quad that Jeff is riding. It is a rebadged Cannondale with motor upgrades. I think that Jeff is actually having Wade Wilcox (formerly of Southbaymoto) build his motor. But I am not sure..

From everything I have read you can run Production on any quad that was produced in the past 5 years. That would include all of those Cannondales out there.

I imagine they are doing it by stating it is an ATK and that they will have more than 100 out by September. My best guess.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:55 AM
The Facility

thomez,
I looked at my rule book and you are correct on the 5 year rule. Maybe I should read it more often[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Stoess ran a few of the Mid South races up till a couple of months ago. He has missed the last two, so he may have went to running GNCC only.

TTYL

Old 02-02-2004, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know if he had his Cdale for a while - I think he might have missed those races while he had it apart getting the ATK motor updates and only had his practice quad. Just a guess but might have something to do with it.

There were many concerned 'Dale owners out there that is the only reason I know about the 5 year rule. At least we have a few years left and by then we might all buy Dinli's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] LOL.

TTYL

Quick Reply: ROUND 1 OF THE 2004 GNCC PRO CLASS RESULTS!!!