Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee flywheel

is it worth it to lighten my banshee flwheel, what kind of gains can i expect?

Old 02-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee flywheel

Not a real hp booster but you will rev alot faster.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default banshee flywheel

If your bike is stock leave the flywheel alone. You dont need to lessen the already low amount of torque the banshee has.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee flywheel

I did it and loved it. I have never herd anyone not like it. I makes the bike rev quicker. $60 go to the banshee HQ and ask a guy named boonman. He did my it is awsome there are even picks on the site of him doing it to mine.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee flywheel

You wont see much of a hp gain but it will accelerate faster in the lower gears just a tad because its not fighting against the flywheel as much while revving. Its not something id reccomend if you plan on riding in the woods or trails though.

Old 02-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee flywheel

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
You wont see much of a hp gain but it will accelerate faster in the lower gears just a tad because its not fighting against the flywheel as much while revving. Its not something id reccomend if you plan on riding in the woods or trails though.
I only ride trails and it is awsome. That dosnt make any sense. If it reves faster it helps you excelerate out of the low end which we all know is not the best for trail. I have it done! do what you want but I know it is a great mod. There are no negitive sides to it.

Old 02-03-2004, 09:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default banshee flywheel

no negative sides to it? Aside from the loss of torque? You act like its this huge improvement, there are no hp gains, and the rpm acceloration is so minimal you wouldnt even notice the diference. Im sure you go to the doctor when your sick and he gives you a tic-tac and all of a sudden your all better too right?

Old 02-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee flywheel

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
no negative sides to it? Aside from the loss of torque? You act like its this huge improvement, there are no hp gains, and the rpm acceloration is so minimal you wouldnt even notice the diference. Im sure you go to the doctor when your sick and he gives you a tic-tac and all of a sudden your all better too right?
I am not even going to argue about this. I did it and I do notice that it acccelerates faster which helps me get out of turns better. Like everything it is just an opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

Old 02-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default banshee flywheel

yup, ill see what i can do to get you a dyno chart

Old 02-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee flywheel

It makes the motor react faster but when your going slow through tight trees or trying to creep through mud without making a mess, its not so fun anymore. I removed about 70% of my flywheel (rd motor is a lil dif, can remove more) and I still plan on riding it in the woods about half the time, but im a dummy and ill admit it. Im sure 190 exhaust duration and almost no flywheel will be plenty fun in the woods [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well see if im sorry when I get it together soon as my darn pistons come in.

Quick Reply: banshee flywheel