Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Has anybody bought 2 or more atv's at the same time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody bought 2 or more atv's at the same time?

In august of 01',my friend and I went to a Yamaha dealer lookin for a deal on 2 new raptors.We went right to the sale manager and told him we were lookin for some kind of discount.He gave us them for 5,899 before taxes.The salesman who wrote us up couldn't even believe it.He said they weren't budging at all on the raptors price because they were selling so many.

Most of the people we ride with couldn't believe it,since someone else just got one from the same dealer a couple weeks back for 6499 before taxes.

Always go to the salesmanager,he's the one who o.k's the deals anyways.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my dad and my uncle both purchased an 02 yamaha raptor together from the same place at the same time. they cut a few hundred bucks off of msrp, and threw in 2 helmets and 2 pair of goggles.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

My goal if I were a dealer would be to have no inventory. I'd want to move those mofs ASAP. Just go right to the top. Tell 'em you both got cash and want to take them that moment. If they don't wanna budge... book it and go down the street to the next shop.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

That's the plan, paying cash to get the best price possible...

Old 02-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Range Rover

my 2 friends and I went in at the same time and walked out with 3 Raptor660's and 4 Raptor80's. If you happen to live in a place that has more than one dealer, they will deal.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AlphaRaptor660R
...it's gonna be the beginner/loaner quad...it seems like lately we've been taking along too many people and not enough quads...

I went that route one summer. It got old real quick. People wrecking your quad, then when you ask them if they would be willing to chip in on the repair, they look at you as if you just asked their mother out for a date. I even had one guy laugh at me, and then said "that's what they're for, beating on". Then you're left with a filthy quad that needs one or two hours of cleaning and maintanence. You'll learn the hard way, like I did. It wasn't cheap.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

They are plenty of ATV Dealerships around. If you are looking to buy several atv's...then you can shop around for some good prices.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

A bunch of guys I ride with have taken the concept a step further. One guy out of our group has been the front man for almost all of our quad purchases. He gets better deals than we have tried to get on our owns because of this one guy's number of purchases at the one dealership we have worked.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have purchased 9 new quads in the past 3 years and have sent 10 + to my salesman and believe me, the more you buy the more the deal is. At first he was giving me a 300.00 discount on one warrior I was buying then I asked him how much if I buy two?? He said he would give me 600.00 off both of them plus gave me helmets, gloves and goggles that came out to almost an additional 300.00!!!

So if you are buying more than one quad ask them at first how much for one, then how much for two then how much for 3....... It should get better everytime, if not, he knows you are going to buy them from him anyways so act like you got other places to go.

I can bet on this one.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: AlphaRaptor660R
That's the plan, paying cash to get the best price possible...
How is that gonna get you a better deal? Financed or cash they still make the same amount of money.

Quick Reply: Has anybody bought 2 or more atv's at the same time?