YFZ's win and dominate first GNC race

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ's win and dominate first GNC race

Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
trx just came out ,yfz's have been out a long time now
I've been hearing this way too much. Tim Farr has been riding and racing the Honda for some time now. It just came out for us little people is all. If we were talking about amateur racing I would agree but when a Pro even helped design, fine tune, whatever before it was introduced, then they have had enough time on it.

Old 02-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kraw
isn't the new 450R more of a woods bike, like GNC racing, and the YFZ more for MX [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Off the showroom floor yes. After Honda and many aftermarket companies get done with it, no. They can make it any kind of racer they want with the right parts.

Old 02-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Guido! haven't seen you in a while.

I think there is something to the introduction of a new bike. I think Honda pushed to release the TRX sooner than they would have liked. Yamaha did a good job of keeping the YFZ under wraps until they released it; nobody knew about it. It is obvious just by looking at the bike that they put a lot of time into frame construction, ergos, mass centralization, and handling ability. When you look at the Honda, it looks like just another plain-jane stocker, like the Z400.

We all know Farr is a capable rider. He smoked people consistently for years when everyone was on comparable 250R's. Now he is on a similar 4-stroke and can't hang? Just to be fair, Yamaha did lose to a suzuki in the latest GNCC. Ballance, on a YFZ, lost to Yokley, on a Z400, by one place and only a short amount of time.

Maybe Honda's reign is over? We'll see how RC does in the outdoors. As for GNC.... I think that result is obvious.

Old 02-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Guido39
Originally posted by: Krawisn't the new 450R more of a woods bike, like GNC racing, and the YFZ more for MX [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Off the showroom floor yes. After Honda and many aftermarket companies get done with it, no. They can make it any kind of racer they want with the right parts.
couldn't you say the same thing for most any bike on the market? With the right parts and $$$$

Old 02-09-2004, 10:52 PM
The Facility

I'm not quite sure why everyone keeps saying the TRX is more of the "woods" bike between the two.

If anything, given a choice of two bikes with comparable price,weight, and stock HP.........The electric start model will be the choice of all but the diehard red wings in the woods.

Have any of you guys noticed that in most cases, the Pros finish within seconds of each other?? ALL of these guys stall their bikes at some point during the season....if not at every event.

2 seconds difference between kicking and pressing the magic button is worth alot more than most people realize.....JMO

Old 02-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

You don't think the Pro MX riders are going to or have already went to the kicker for the nice weight savings it offers? I bet many of them will. Doubtful in the GNCC but in MX I would say it is likely.