Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP no blaster cluch

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP no blaster cluch

I have a yamaha blaster that i totally custom build the motor. I put it all back together and it ran great. Before i race it this spring i wanted to beefen up the cluch so i got hinston cluch basket, plates, and heay duty springs. I dissasmebled the old cluch down to the ineer hub and the cluch basket. I bent the tab to get to the bolt and i can not prevent the inner hub from spinning while i try to take the @##$% bolt out. I was thinking about putting the chain on, and hold the brake so the tranny cant turn over but i wanted to know another way first. I know there is a tool for this but im kinda cheap lol. On the other racers i always just upgraded the springs/plates.

THX ALOT GUYS

Old 02-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

freel free to say somethin

Old 02-11-2004, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Inner hub? You mean the clutch basket is spinning when you try to take off the nut?

Your right..there are tools available for this...but often you can get away with a short burst fro an impact wrench. Or a strap wrench to help you hold it.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

yep, an impact wrench will spin it right off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

umm not the basket.... u see there is the bolt, then a inner basket. THat spinns extremely freely so even if I used the impact wrech it will jut start spiinin like crazy. TRIED LOL

also that band clamp things doesn't work it just spinns.

i was thinking if i put the chian on and locked the brakes it wouldn't allow the tranny to move adn it woundn't move that inner basket thing.

alba's diagram

u see the bolt (foreget about the plates) that goes into #2 Boss cluch

Old 02-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Ah yes...I see what you mean now.... I been thinking about it for a few hours ...And for the life of me, I cannot remember how I got that part off. I really think I just did it with an impact wrench....but my memory seems to be broken right now. I'm sure you would be able to get it with the brake idea...it just scares me putting that much strain on the gears and such.

Old 02-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

i know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

i think ill get blow some more hard ern cash for the special tool that ill use that ONE time

then again isn't there more stress on the tranny when ridding hard

ANY1 ELES THAT KNOWS A TRICK PLZ PLZ PLZ TELL ME

Old 02-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

okay i got it off wit a lil of thinking i made a tool to get it off wit out puttin stain on the tranny.

MAJOR PROBLEM

i put all the plates and shyt on. I was torqueing down the spings then pow one of the bolts poped off

then i puled the clcuh lever and it felt as if there was no cluch and there was no action on the cluch. WTF AM I DOIN WRONG

ive done this 4 times and i cant get this 1

ITS CONTROOLED BY THE DEVIL

PLZ HELP I REALLY NEED THIS DONE

Old 02-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Couple things to check, first the little ball and rod that run threw the motor are there. Then,You know where the outer hub fits on. Make sure the splines on the back side of the outer hub line up. In other words make sure the outer hub is up against the last friction plate.
One more thing to check you have all the plates on right, I know you probably already did that but I thought I had it right and ended up spending a whole day working on it to figure out they where wrong. The blaster has two different size friction plates I think there is 7 total:6 of one size and 1 that has a larger inside diameter the cushion ring goes inside the larger diameter one. Hope all this helps, I did do all this on a stock assembly but I figure the Hinson setup woundn't be to much different just strong. Hope it helps!

Old 02-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

well on my dirtbike to get that off we got a screw driver and a inpact wrench and it was fine took it right off

Quick Reply: HELP no blaster cluch