Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Lowering kit - Durablue mounting help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering kit - Durablue mounting help needed

Could someone post or email me some pictures of their mounted front lowering kit. Mounted on a Raptor will be a bonus but not needed.

Thanks ahead of time,
Rich

Old 02-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

I can get a pic of one on a banshee tommorow if needed. What is your e-mail?

Old 02-11-2004, 03:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a picture of it installed on my raptor in my gallery page. just click the little camera and check it out. I have the machine set up for ice racing, whatever you do dont jump with them, AT ALL.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

I ran a flat track race with 4- 3' tall jumps with a lowering kit on my banshee without problems. The durablue kit is pretty strong.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I came off test hill at the silver lake sand dunes and the durablue's broke my front shock mount and bent my shock. Then as a stroke of bad luck, we forgot to unplug the battery/cdi when welding it back together, needless to say we had to replace that 300 dollar part too.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

Mad Dog-

Thanks for the picture. Did you do the back end? I am going to be installing the rear lowering kit Friday night along with installing the tie down rings on the new trailer.

I am south of Troy, where are you in Michigan? I was wondering if you have been out on Lake St. Clair racing on the weekend? I was out there last weekend and it seemed like a blast. I have the tires studed but I need to jet the carbs. Magic on Van dyke Rd said that trail riding and light jumping would not be a problem. I am not talking about table tops and etc...

Where do you ride in Michigan and am new to the sport so I am looking for some pointers.

Rich

Old 02-17-2004, 01:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I left my rear end stock. You can lower it 2-3 inches for free by flipping the linkage around.

I live in the Midland/Saginaw/Baycity area, actually the northern part of midland county. I havent made it out to st. clair because we've had the AMA District 14 ice races here in mid michigan. Gladwin, Port Huron, and a few other spots.

I do most of my riding at Silver Lake, Bull Gap in Mio, M-61 aka Grim Hill, and at the trails around my house and my cabin in cadillac.

Old 02-17-2004, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

Mad Dog
Did your kit lower the front end that far just with the Durablue shock kit? Or did the sway bar lower it even more. I installed the rear kit and I am pretty happy with the kit but I still need to adjust the shock.

Rich

Old 02-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Trailblazer

I ice race also and am looking for a way to lower the front. I already have the Durablue lowering kit installed but I am not nearly as close to the ground as maddogs pictures. Maddog, I am looking at you pictures and am trying to figure it out. Do you have the stock a-arms on the quad? Also I noticed that the springs on the shocks seem to be compressed much more than stock. Can you give me some ideas? I already flipped the rear linkage. That helped get the back lower but I now the front is to high. Need to get it down without spending ridicules money.

Old 02-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

My bike has extended a arms, aftermarket shocks from a lt quadsport 250, durablue lowering kit, and my own fabbed swaybar.