Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster, what Blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster, what Blaster?

Well I sold my 2001 Blaster today, I couldn't believe how fast it sold. I put it on like last Thurs and its gone already. Had it for a year and sold it, got a little more out of it then I bought it for, I guess it pays to keep things maintained. Anyways I'm really thinking about getting this Warrior. I've read alot of reviews and people say its an awesome trail bike, and thats what I do the most. I like the 400ex's power, but I really want a reverse, my other bike has it and I use it in the trails. Other then that there really isn't anything in my price range of 3k. The one I"m planning on getting is a 2001, with very low hours, the guy mostly rode it with his daughter, so there is no way it could have been beat on. Do you think 3k is too much for this one. Its basically stock, no dents on the bumper nothing. Also my Blaster was pretty peppy as is was, am I gonna feel like I"m crawling with this bike, or will I enjoy it even more...never ridden a Warrior, just from what I read on here...Thanks

Old 02-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

3k is too much for a three year old Warrior. I think they are tanks to ride on compared to things like a 400 EX. Maybe you should look into a 300EX that way you get reverse and you can find them real reasonable since they've been out forever. Just my opinion.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

z400

Old 02-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

Z-400 is an awesome machine, but a little out of my price range this year and well I hear its an extreme machine, something I want to step up into, not ready for it yet. I liked the idea of the warrior for the fact that they are rock solid dependable and parts are available everywhere. From what I've read on here with some mods you can get them up to a 400ex's speed. Looked at the 300ex, but its a smaller bike it seems and kinda looks plain to me and isn't any faster then the Warrior. Although thats not what I'm after since I do not race and most all the people I ride with have only 250cc's at the most.

Old 02-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Range Rover

I would go with the 400ex, I know you want reverse but if you get the warrior you will hate it. It is slow, clunky, and not as much fun to ride as the Blaster. It is also the only good quad in your price range. You can still have fun without reverse, there not all that heavy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Warrior has more HP than a blaster, a tad bit heavier (weighs in at 397 dry) but will keep up with blasters on trails with no problem. they've got enough low end grunt to get where you point them. 6 speed transmission is also nice. I got my 2000 warrior for $2250...BUT..there are quite a few dings and scrapes on it...still runs like a raped ape and starts up everytime though so im not complaining.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:06 AM
Range Rover

Yeah they will keep up, but he wants an upgrade, not something that can keep up with the bike he prevously owned, would you?

Trending Topics

Old 02-11-2004, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

get the 400ex, they're not as fast as the newer quads but the're extremely reliable and cheap to mod, as a mattr of fact, I know a guy that is selling a beat up 400ex right now for $1100, needs some work (3rd gear is out and its kinda jerry rigged in alot of places) but it would be a fun project and you wouldn't even breal 3K if you shop arund for cheap replacement and aftermarket parts.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 420EX
get the 400ex, they're not as fast as the newer quads but the're extremely reliable and cheap to mod, as a mattr of fact, I know a guy that is selling a beat up 400ex right now for $1100, needs some work (3rd gear is out and its kinda jerry rigged in alot of places) but it would be a fun project and you wouldn't even breal 3K if you shop arund for cheap replacement and aftermarket parts.
Listen to him, he bought a horribly used and beat up honda, look at it now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Range Rover

Well I went ahead and bought a Warrior. Pretty much stock...its a 2001 that was like never ridden. The stock tires still have 75% tread on them. Paid $2800 for it, but the condition of it was excellent so I feel I got a good deal. As for the power, I really like it. It may not be what the 400ex is by far, but for the trail...tight trails I ride, its proving to be nice. Also being bone stock I get to pick and choose the mods. I also like the reverse, its only to move you a bit backwards, but thats all you need in tight trails sometimes. Still gotta get used to it, my Blaster was pretty much stock also, but this Warrior just feels like it has so much more power, could be the low end I feel. Anyways my question is, since I know nothing about pipes, what should I buy for it, something affordable but something that will add a bit of power as well as sound. Also what is the diff. between a slipon and just a whole pipe? Thanks

Quick Reply: Blaster, what Blaster?