Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just Got Back From Dumont

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Got Back From Dumont

They had the black titanium equipped raptor, and I ran it with just about the same weight pilot as me, He beat me at the top of the hill by 3-5 bike lengths maybe less. (lunchmoney) on the left hand side of the hill it was closer... There bikes are sick fast and come on very strong on the top end..

I had never seen the smaller pilot in action till this weekend, I met him (DJ) I was shocked to see what all around skills this kid had (reaction time and all). He is just as good if not better of a rider than any of us. Also very nice kid (@65lbs he is a leathal weapon)... I dont think he has received the credit he deserves.. Everyone talks smack about sparks putting lighter pilots on, But It dont bother me.. I wish my son could ride like that. And I congradulated him instead of comming up with exuses like others. They put" DJ" on the yellow 465 and he flat out dropped the hammer on me, and I am willing to bet BIG money that the kid on the 465ex could have easily taken the open class at the MLK wars. They were just too easy on everyone..In my opinion..

And by the way, I saw what they run as far as "fuel", and to claim that they run nitro additives would not be true from what I saw.

Old 02-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the overview.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] just wish I could have been there

Old 02-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Dang... Imagine DJ on that Raptor! That would be ugly... LOL. That Raptor and 465 sound very cool, I wish I was there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: DieScarred
Dang... Imagine DJ on that Raptor! That would be ugly... LOL. That Raptor and 465 sound very cool, I wish I was there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Why didn't you go?

Rapfam Sam didn't go. I think with the new engine build coming he needed to suck up for valentines day.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Trailblazer

It sucks living so far away from everything. I live in NE Texas and I have to drive HOURS and HOURS for any dunes.

Old 02-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sixsixT
Originally posted by: DieScarred
Why didn't you go?

Rapfam Sam didn't go. I think with the new engine build coming he needed to suck up for valentines day.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Everyone was busy, uncle, dad, so I couldnt. I think ill be making a trip to Glamis soon, just dont know when , BUT SOON. lol. I hope to see some of you there.

Old 02-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
I met him (DJ) I was shocked to see what all around skills this kid had (reaction time and all). He is just as good if not better of a rider than any of us. Also very nice kid (@65lbs he is a leathal weapon)... I dont think he has received the credit he deserves..
Next time we'll get Justin on your quad Mario and let him run against this DJ kid. Justin may not be quite as good a rider as this DJ but it would be a fun show. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We'll just make sure there is at least 10' seperation at the start to avoid any mishaps. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll get that video up as soon as I can of you beating that Rotax 670 sled motor equiped DS.

Old 02-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Thanks Dave, my son is wanting to see that 670, He claimed to be 110 HP, but I guess it wasnt enough, the rider is his own mechanic, he built my first stage 3 years ago, hes from Enoc Utah and has many of snowmobile drag trophys.
I had heard from a few people he came to outrun me..LOL

Old 02-16-2004, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

Just got back myself. Was glad to see Mario and Sixsixty again great bunch of people. Got to meet Redskin and Eaglecollector, darn fine guys. The difference with the 465 honda and Mario was D.J, 250r4life raced the owner with my bike and beat him pretty good. He wanted to wait for D.J. to race me but that didnot come about. We did race that guy's 465 stripped down, alcohol, no fendered honda. I had Josh Shirley pilot mine, D.J. was on his. We lost but It is hard to compete with a bike of that nature. Josh is one of the better pilots I have seen, His bike is the yellow Sparks Suzuki. He took home three trophys from FSWlll. It was one of the better trips I have been on. Oh I almost forgot Mario beat my bike pretty good.

Old 02-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

taftraptor - nice to see you post again, I missed you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I saw the video of your bike. Looks like it was running well. You're a class act, honestly. Wish I could have joined in on the fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Just Got Back From Dumont