Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 350???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 350???

Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
Ya know, I would have been happy to see Yamaha improve the outdated Warrior. They didn't do that people, they tweaked the "Warrior" a little and called it a "Raptor". The Warrior is still being offered right along side the new Raptor 350. You people said it yourself...they made improvements to the Warrior, minor as they may be. So why not call it the new and improved "Warrior" or something entirely different because we all know that's exactly what it is. I just don't like the marketing idea. If I want a Raptor I'll buy a 660R, not a made over Warrior. Wouldn't that be like Ford offering a Super Duty F-150?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Pleeeeeaaaaase.
I'm with you on that one Just4Kicks.

I dont' know if the new rap will be as fast as the warrior or not. The reduced the carb size by 3mm. It may be a better carb, but who really knows? It's been pointed out several times, but nobody really has posted a reply as to what this change will mean.

Old 02-20-2004, 01:23 AM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor 350???

Calling it a Raptor 350 is simply a marketing gimmick. It's called Name Recognition. As for Yamaha still offering the Warrior, my bet is that they will phase them out as the success of the Raptor 350 increases. They undoubtedly have a stock pile of Warriors at this time.

Old 02-20-2004, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor 350???

The carb will not change the HP on the new War/raptor 350, it only flows about 5 CFM less than the old style carb. For the people that have never rode a good built 446cc warrior it will run with a stock 660 raptor and hold its owen with the yfz in stock form. It will be a good mag. artical to do to show a trail test between the three.

Old 02-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Raptor 350???

I dont' know if the new rap will be as fast as the warrior or not. The reduced the carb size by 3mm. It may be a better carb, but who really knows? It's been pointed out several times, but nobody really has posted a reply as to what this change will mean.[/quote]

--- Originally the site showed a 36mm Mikuni for the Warrior and a 33 Mikuni BSR for the Raptor 350. Now the Yamaha site shows a 36mm Mikuni BSR for the Raptor 350. Now this was a couple days ago so they could have changed it again since then.

Old 02-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor 350???

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Articles state that they have done some motor mods on this bike. By removing some of the restriction on that bike it will have an overall great potential.... I mean of coarse for a girl or a younger kid. My 13 year old thinks it's the bomb... But I like the idea ...knowing that Yamaha will have a full line of Raptor models. I just hope that they will soon make some sort of an improvement on the 660's. I had a 450 kick my but the other day..... That ain't rite.

Old 02-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default Raptor 350???

I think its a nice addition to the line up. I think it will out perform the 300ex which is the target market. If its close to the 400ex then thats an added bonus for Yamaha fans.

Old 02-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Raptor 350???

if its almost the same as the warrior, then why keep the warrior? i really dont see the point in keeping it.

Old 02-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptor 350???

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
I dont' know if the new rap will be as fast as the warrior or not. The reduced the carb size by 3mm. It may be a better carb, but who really knows? It's been pointed out several times, but nobody really has posted a reply as to what this change will mean.

--- Originally the site showed a 36mm Mikuni for the Warrior and a 33 Mikuni BSR for the Raptor 350. Now the Yamaha site shows a 36mm Mikuni BSR for the Raptor 350. Now this was a couple days ago so they could have changed it again since then.[/quote]

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy. I looked at the site when it was first put up, and it said 33 mikuni bsr. So i went around on the forums stating it had a smaller carb. One day a fellow member told me they were the same size. I knew I was right so I went to the yammi website. Sure enough, 36mm carb for the raptor 350. I was dumbfounded. I'm glad someone has cleared this up for me, I have enough reasons to think im insane as it is.

Old 02-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptor 350???

Originally posted by: buked
if its almost the same as the warrior, then why keep the warrior? i really dont see the point in keeping it.
probably because it was such a late release, and the fact that they had already produced 2004 warriors with the new paint/color scheme and shipped them to dealers. They will probably drop it in the next year or so.

Old 02-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor 350???

I think that they will see how it sells, and then decide what to get rid of. They obviously didn't spend to much r&d cash on this one. If people respond nicely to face-lifted quads, they might do it to more ie. banshee.

Quick Reply: Raptor 350???