Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best aftermarket axle for yfz

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 03:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best aftermarket axle for yfz

What is the strongest axle? I know the different companies, I just want one that will be least likely to bend. I jump big and want something that will take it if I dont land a jump just right. I like the fact that on some you can also switch the hubs to widen/narrow the width. Any info would be nice. thanks

Old 02-24-2004, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

Strongest axle in order:

RPM Dominator
Lonestar
Durablue

The lonestar is the best bang for the buck since you can buy those all day long for around $330 whereas the RPM is considerably more. Ask specific questions regarding the lifetime warranty each one has as well. I believe for instance with the RPM their lifetime warranty is good only for the original axle, if you break one and they send you a replacement I don't believe the replacement has a free replacement warranty like the original one did. Many people refer to the Durablue as Durabreak, I've never had one but apparently they don't seem to hold up as well as the other 2. And as far as switching hubs, on the Lonestar there are 2 spacers on each side which you add or remove to make your stance wider or narrower.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:54 AM
Range Rover

ok thanks...so the lonestar axcaliber would be a good axle? My local dealer deals w/ them.. I think its about 400 bucks for the lonestar.

thanks

Old 02-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

$400 is too much, you can find them for $330 all day. Pickup a new Dirtwheels and look at all the ads, you'll see them in there for that price.

Old 02-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Range Rover

i just ordered the axcaliber...300 even, kinda got a hook up at the shop. but it should be in monday. Do you know anything about the warrenty on em?

Old 02-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, that's a great price. I'm reading off my warranty card and it states "The Axcalibar Racing Axle is guaranteed not to bend or break for as long as you own it. This means if you bend or break your Axcalibar Racing Axle jumping or landing wrong, you are covered under this warranty." It doesn't get into specifics as far as if they replace it whether the replacement axle will also have a lifetime warranty, not sure about that. What I have found if you bend your axle, it's actually about as cheap to take it to a good shop that can straighten it, that ends up costing about the same as the shipping of the axle to Lonestar. In other words, only use your lifetime warranty if you break it.

Old 02-25-2004, 11:21 PM
Range Rover

alright bud, thanks for checkin that.. that makes me feel better bout it...

Old 02-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a durablue x-33 on my raptor right now and it has held up great. I have the billet hubs as well. Very nice setup. The lonestar guys jerked me around a little too much, so I paid a little more for a db with hubs, worth it IMO.

Old 02-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

ridley - how much does the stock axle weigh?

Old 02-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

thanks ridley. ive never been a big fan of durablue but its gotta be better than stock and loosing another 5 lbs would be pretty sweet too.

Quick Reply: Best aftermarket axle for yfz