Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

NEW!Cryogen Kit (Nitro Substitute)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW!Cryogen Kit (Nitro Substitute)

Jackal Your paintball tank idea ? are you talking about trying to increase pressure in the intake ? YOU CANT USE CO2 it's inert .Beside's that theres no way you could spill enough volume and the list goes on .
Might as well strap a oxygen bottle to your quad and knock the valve off the top
OR maybe buy a surplus jet assist take off rocket ( JATO ) and use it

Old 03-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Range Rover

Those ricers are looking for any advantage they can get to make there disgusting slow cars faster.

We use to use dry ice in "KOOL CANS",a container that had a coiled aluminum fuel line running through it.Its purpose was to cool the fuel to help make the air/fuel charge more dense.
It is not a very good setup on carburated engines.The only thing it did was make the engine run like crap.It made the fuel harder to vaporize and did not allow it to mix very well with the air.

Todays fuel injected engines are different,they run alot harder when there cold.Thats why they feel so much stronger when there first started up and running.Its very easy for the computers to compensate for the cooler aircharge coming in.A kool can may work well with fuel injection since the injector does a good job of mixing the fuel with the air.

A trick we used to do with fuel injected cars is drop a lower temp thermostat in.Like a 160 degree,although this is not good for the engine since maximum expansion is never reached.It tricks the computer into richening up the fuel mixture and the colder incoming air(220 vs 160) produces a noticable power gain.

Co2 will help cool the intercooler and produce a more dense air charge,but at the expense of lost boost.Intercoolers usually equate for 3-4 psi lost,but with the cooler aircharge,it usually equals out,
These cryo kits are no replacement for nitrous.The power gains from the cryo kits are so minimal compared to nitrous

Old 03-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sheesnojoke
Those ricers are looking for any advantage they can get to make there disgusting slow cars faster.
Im as big of a fan of muscle cars as the next guy,but I consider a Skyline a ricer,which is a car that can put out over Nascar power when tuned...if you think thats slow then I would kill to get my hands on whatever your driving at the moment.

Anyway,I have a feeling that noone belives me on the Cry02,so if someone tell me where to post the magazine page I´ll scan it and post it,but it says exactly what Ive written so far...well,except it has a pic of the kit.

Old 03-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

heres your cry02 kit it's for suburu turbo intercooler or exterior of intake tubes and cooling the fueline also exterior
CRY02

Old 03-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Anyway,I have a feeling that noone belives me on the Cry02
Where do you see anybody not believing you?

These cryo kits are no replacement for nitrous.The power gains from the cryo kits are so minimal compared to nitrous
Is this statement what you are talking about? If so, Sheesnojoke knows exactly what he is talking about. Ride your quad on a hot day and then ride your quad on a cold day. That will be the difference in power for a cryo kit. It would be close, but I bet you would loose power by the time you figure the weight of the system on a quad. If your talking about injecting CO2 into the intake for extra power, Outlawlawndragster it correct, CO2 is inert. That is why they use it in some fire extinguishers.

Cryogen Kit (Nitro Substitute)
Do I believe this? No I don't, you won't see any cryo kits bolted on a top fueler soon.

JakalWarrior if you are talking about a compressed air tank for extra air; it's already been done by Micky Thomson along time ago. He did it on one of his dragsters. I remember it worked very well. I have no idea on how he did it, just remember he did and it worked very well.
If I have time I will see if I can find the article for you.