Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

No replacement for displacement? HA!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 12:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No replacement for displacement? HA!

I have, just talk to Shannon Jenkins or any other pro mod racer that uses nitrous. Obviously they are all just a bunch morons. By the way, he was #1 in in pro mods in 2002. IHRA and NHRA!!!! Yep, all this by spraying funny juice!!! He even beat old Mitch Stott with that big fat compressor on top of his engine.
If you were racing any distance longer than a half mile you couldn't keep the juice on the whole time....
Your right, most people only need it for a 1/4 mile. And your right, if I had a motor home, I would put a turbocharger on it, not a 200lb tank of nitrous.

Now I have a question for you. Just why do you think nitrous is so detrimental to an engine? Did you have a bad experience?

Old 03-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Range Rover

just ask any "PRO" drag racer
You just ask any real racer and they will tell you that it is whoever crosses the line first.

If I dusted you off with your girlfriend in the car, do you think that she would know the difference? lol

Old 03-02-2004, 12:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doc, I think what he might mean, or at least should, is that it CAN be bad if its not done right. For the most part it isnt really significantly detrimental to an engine when done correctly.

Old 03-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: docdave22
just ask any "PRO" drag racer
You just ask any real racer and they will tell you that it is whoever crosses the line first.

If I dusted you off with your girlfriend in the car, do you think that she would know the difference? lol
Ahh yes, the bitter truth. First place gets the glory, the girl, and the gold. Run what ya brung. No excuses for the losers. The only problem arises when the n2o runs out...

Old 03-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Range Rover

You are absolutely right.

But that has never been a problem for me Supply[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2004, 01:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: docdave22
You are absolutely right.

But that has never been a problem for me Supply[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL, Nice. What does it cost to get one of those tanks filled??? (the big ones). I'm used to filling them with oxy and acetylene.

Old 03-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Range Rover

I get the big ones filled for around $60.

It didn't take me long to do the math paying $3/lb or more to get bottles filled at the track or by someone else.

They hold around 50 to 55 lbs, so I can fill about 5 10lb bottles out of one tank. That is about 12 to 15 dollars for a ten lb bottle compared to 35 or more.

Old 03-02-2004, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Ok...maybe I better make this so yall can understand.....what I am trying to say is out of your three major power adders "nitrous,turbo,supercharger" N2O is the least consistant and does cause prolonged damage to internal parts...my brother-in-law uses one of the best engine builders in the mid-west, and even in high dollar applications that are set up perfect, nitrous will burn up pistons faster, one spark delay in any cylinder can turn your motor into a ball of fire. and yea the pro's that run juice hardly ever see the effects of over use because their motors are tore down after just about every race....but anyway run it if you want all I'm saying is as far as consistancy, reliability, effectivness, and durabillity. turbos and blowers far surpass nitrous.

Oh yea...and as for the girlfriend comment my wife does not deal with little boys like your inmature ***.

Old 03-02-2004, 05:38 AM
Trailblazer

Thank You AngryHampster for finally saying what nitrous oxide is. Air and fuel is what makes horsepower everyone should know that and thats what your adding with nitrous. And with adding more air you need more fuel. Call it what you want.... throttle in a bottle.... chemical horsepower.... bottle fed... but for those who use it and know how to use it ... LOOK OUT!

Old 03-02-2004, 05:49 AM
Trailblazer

Killerkfx... Nitrous is not the most inconsistant... For instance in drag racing.. nitrous cars get down the track more consistantly than turbos or superchargers. Just look at Pro 5.0 Billy Glidden won two championships back to back running nitrous and he was only runnings 6.80s at 200 mph while Chuck Samuel and Don Walsh Jr. with turbochargersand superchargers are running 6.50s at more than 210 mph. Three tenths and ten mile an hour are big to make up in drag racing. Consistency is what wins.

Quick Reply: No replacement for displacement? HA!