Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Which Do you Ride More, StreetBike or Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Do you Ride More, StreetBike or Quad?

Thanks Zombie. I got a question for you (and you other guys too). How does your fuel injected bike compare to an other carbed bikes that you have rode, as far as acceleration, throttle response, and warm up time goes. I know my bike is pretty finicky and want to be warmed up a little before moving. But after dyno tuning it, I have instant throttle response[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference with the FI bikes?

Old 03-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Garcy! Good info, I heard that also from a guy I work with.
I think unlike quads you have to watch EVERYONE around you not just other riders. I don't think you'll see a 98 year old lady burnin up the TT track.

Deuce Rooster that sounds like a sweet ride your Dad has, I guess it's all preferance with what you like as long as your "Catching wind" they say.

RaptorAz, that a cool colored Vmax, there a powerhorse right there. Damn when that V boost kicks in!

As far as fuel injection goes this is my first and I guess you don't have to Choke it and adding a pipe all I had to do was Remap the injection they said. I am adding the Screaming Eagle Shotgun pipes and K&N and the remap and that is all for awhile.

Thaks for all the input fella's this is still a great forum.

Old 03-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Rob,

The foot still pops and cracks every morning LOL, I guess those little bones will never heal, but atleast they dont hurt.

Good to hear you and Mr.Robertson are planning on coming down for Snake Hunt, Thier should be alot of good running 4-strokes again this year.

I bet you wish you were at Daytona right about now for Bike week huh? I hear they are having a Topless Protest this Saturday, Seems thier will be over a 1000 women with thier Shirts off tring to get the law changed in thier favor. They say if a guy can walk around without thier shirts,than so can Women!!!! YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 03-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Bigger, I knew that thing sat too low........ Sorry. Yeah, Godbless them Girls Equal rights for all!
I think we'll be comin with DirtWorx and I'm tellin some of my friends that ride street bikes that there is a Bike thing goin on, so they'll probably come too.

Old 03-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORAZ
Nice ride Zombie! I even like the color(both my V-MAX and my Magna are yellow). To answer your question, I ride my street bikes more often. The wife loves being on the back.
how do you like the magna?

my step dad may be getting one this summer (earlier model, in the 80's most likely

Old 03-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had a Mint 83' V65 Magna, Loved that Bike!!! My brother has a Beautiful 93 Vmax. We raced from a rolling start a couple times and the V-max was always a couple bikes ahead after about a quater mile. Gotta love those V4's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:54 PM
Range Rover

haha, i just saw this article..I finally pulled the rc-51 out today cuz i woke up late for work. I'm doin a streetlight project about 15 miles east of port angeles in sequim, so i hopped on that and took off. Finally a nice day too. Think I got in around 120, but the undercover staters have been in full effect. I have been ridin the quad more tho because of the weather and just really stoked on it right now. But the rc-51 is a blast.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AngryHampster
Originally posted by: RAPTORAZ
Nice ride Zombie! I even like the color(both my V-MAX and my Magna are yellow). To answer your question, I ride my street bikes more often. The wife loves being on the back.
how do you like the magna?

my step dad may be getting one this summer (earlier model, in the 80's most likely

My Magna is the newest version. 1994-2003. I love it. It cruises 2-up with ease and run's mid-low 12's. Great balance of versatility and power.

Old 03-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: AngryHampster[/i

btw i have a 1983 Roadster XLS with the 1000CC motor...............= rare
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yep, but not quite as rare as my '85 XLS. They only made 616 in '85, last year for the Ironhead Roadster. I think they made 1,200-1,600 in '83.

I ride my Harleys a LOT more than the Wolverine. I bought the quad just to get me through the nonriding Winter months in NE Ohio. I usually do take it out a few times in the Spring but once the weather breaks the bikes are on the road and the quad sits in the garage.
Have a good one!
Brian
'85 XLS Roadster
'02 FXD Super Glide
'03 Yamaha Wolverine
'03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab SXT

Old 03-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

quads

Quick Reply: Which Do you Ride More, StreetBike or Quad?