Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee in the Trails

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee in the Trails

I will be in the market for a sport quad when I sell my Polaris Sportsman. I am considering the Raptor, Z400 and now after sitting on the Banshee that too. How well are these in the woods. Also, with the 2 stroke am I going to have a lot more up keep and problems? Or will the 2 stoke be basically the same as the 4 stroke, just less the mixing of fuel. I ride 50% open fields, 50% trails and one day I would like to try out a track. I love power and speed? What do you think

Old 03-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

You will find that the banshee will have more open power than any four stroke with just simple bolt ons. But if your looking for a quad that screams like a Banshee then I would have to say the YFZ450 comes very close.
You can find all kinds of web sites that offer different porting for what kind of riding you want to do. The Banshee will never die and will always be my favorite two-stroke quad.

Old 03-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds to me like a Z400 would be right up your alley..

Old 03-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the trails a tight the banshee isnot the best choice. The raptor and Z would work best. Open fields the Banshee would be the most fun. A far as 2 strokes go i rebuilt my banshee every 3 years or so. Just make sure you have a clean and oiled air filter and a good oil for the 2 stroke. The hard hit of the banshee will bring a [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . Its just to bad my wife wont let me keep my banshee after i bough the YFZ.

Old 03-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

no the 2 stroke will take alot more work to get it where u want it to go. a 4 stroke you dont have to worrie about powerband either but on a 2 stroke you do

Old 03-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kawasaki88man
no the 2 stroke will take alot more work to get it where u want it to go. a 4 stroke you dont have to worrie about powerband either but on a 2 stroke you do

Which is why, for trail riding, you should use black powerband only.

Old 03-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Range Rover

could someone explain the power band please?

Old 03-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

The only way to discribe it is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. It's basicly like reving up a 4stroke engine to redline then dumping the clutch. But it does this just by hitting the gas through all the gears. Hang on!!

Old 03-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

So like i say, i got a yellow powerband on mine and i have a hard time keeping it from jumping out from under me at an idle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . So i wonder if YRO ever got a price on a powerband from his dealer, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

I went to my Dealer and picked up the Rappy and I then asked about the Powerbands and shi*, they said that they didnt know nothing about them. I laughed and I was like yea ok. Then they said they were serious. I did not ask my mechanic though. The front desk said that he probably knew but he was not there right now. He was out test driving a new crotch rocket. I am going to be calling them or something because i really want to know some information about them. It really makes me mad I waiting for a long time to find out and then i couldnt find nothing out. I will post when I get the info.

Quick Reply: Banshee in the Trails