Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

sparks pipe for raptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004 | 10:11 PM
dvf
|
Weekend Warrior
Default sparks pipe for raptor

VERY LOUD. Less noise than something like the Big Gun or GYTR but loud nonetheless. Has that low flying huey sound [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

are you happy with your exhaust even though it is loud?

Old 03-08-2004 | 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Very happy. I did have to get a cracked weld repaired but Sparks sent a prepaid call tag and has quick turnaround. Very good service. The pipe looks good, has great power, spark arrested and tuneable. The only other thing I'd like to see is a quiet core for when the sound checks are on.

Old 03-08-2004 | 11:04 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Mr45auto
Very happy. I did have to get a cracked weld repaired but Sparks sent a prepaid call tag and has quick turnaround. Very good service. The pipe looks good, has great power, spark arrested and tuneable. The only other thing I'd like to see is a quiet core for when the sound checks are on.

How do you go about tuning yours 45? Im thinking that you just pull of a few of the discs? Im very happy with mine, made the first day long ride with it for the first time this past sunday. Very pleased with the sound, and with no lid, very happy with the low end kick.... seems like those discs would really back you up some though on the top end, dont ya think? Ive got 148/150 in mine, 25 pilot and 3 out.... checked the plug, nice and brown and no decel popping. I was thinking about putting the alba tip on in place od those discs, what do you think?

Oh, it really does sound like a huey too!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2004 | 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

I run all the discs now but when I was having trouble running too lean with stock carbs I was up to a 200/200 on the mains and had to pull a few discs to get it to not run so hot. It did enhance bottom end power a bit while doing that, I didnt really notice much top end loss. LRD makes a downturned endcap that should be better than the straight open alba. The other thing to mention is that with my 686 and FCRs I dont think there's a lick of gain to be had by pulling the spark arrestor discs. It's already scary fast on top speed. You'll have a much better gain from porting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2004 | 11:20 PM
Range Rover

Do you know where I can find that on thier web site, a link or something? I have this stupid dial up, no cable out here where I live at... I get so frustrated with looking for stuff sometimes, I can only get up to make so many sandwiches while wating for something to DL, ya know?

Old 03-08-2004 | 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dfitz
Come on Raptor owner. Tell him to prefab the pieces. I guess I'll have to get a set up to weld aluminum and make my own.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
I tried dude, actually he is in the middle of moving so maybe when he gets settled down in his new house and big garage shop he can whip one out for you and raptornuts.

I dont want to bug him but he knows I have some friends that need one bad..... He kinda did it as a favor for me cuz I couldnt go riding with him in the desert without a skidplate so that was cool of him.

Old 03-09-2004 | 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

You can see the endcap by looking at their exhaust system at www.lrdperformance.com You'd have to call them to order just the endcap. I saw them laying on the shelf in their shop and inquired about whether it would fit or not and they said it was the same as a standard supertrapp and would bolt right up.

Old 03-09-2004 | 01:18 AM
Range Rover

[quote]
Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
Originally posted by: Dfitz
Come on Raptor owner. Tell him to prefab the pieces. I guess I'll have to get a set up to weld aluminum and make my own.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
I tried dude, actually he is in the middle of moving so maybe when he gets settled down in his new house and big garage shop he can whip one out for you and raptornuts.

That will be great, keep us posted. Is your 04 still stock ? If so, what you plan to do on it ?
rnuts

Old 03-09-2004 | 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

the lrd pipe is awesome not quite as loud as sparks but just as much power imho

Old 03-09-2004 | 10:43 AM
Range Rover

What about CT Sonic pipe, they win highest hp gain in dirtwheel magazine test, I think was in 02 on raptor.
rnuts

Quick Reply: sparks pipe for raptor