Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

PRO-FLOW INTAKE SYSTEM FOR THE BANSHEE

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2000, 10:45 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have an opinion on this set-up? Thanks in advance!

Old 07-12-2000, 11:26 AM
Range Rover

Its pritty much a must for banshee owners. The stock filter can let dirt in too easily. I'm not riding my banshee in dirt till I get one.

Old 07-12-2000, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Pro Design filter system is pretty much of a no-brainer for any rider of a Warrior, Banshee, Wolverine, etc. or any other Yamaha product that uses the airbox lid to secure the filter in place. Aside from insuring a positive seal to the intake & extending the life of the engine, the other important benefit is improved breathing & better performance. You'll need to rejet if you go with this.

Old 07-13-2000, 03:55 AM
Trailblazer

I was impressed with the quality of the intake flange. The system installs easily and provides a good seal when finished.

The rubber attached to the foam filter doesn't care too much for the chemical I use to clean the foam. I wonder if the K&N setup has this problem?

If you ever sell a used Banshee to someone who knows them real well, the filter is probably one of the first areas they will look at.

Any responsible dealer should not a let a new Banshee go out the door without a replacement for the stock air filter. But then again, my dealer never said a word about it. I guess thats why I didn't buy my Pro-Flow filter kit from them ;^)

Old 07-13-2000, 04:44 AM
Range Rover

Anybody know where i can get the K&N filter that attaches to the proflow adapter?Thanks

Old 07-13-2000, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

If you can wait a day I can give you the part number for the filter... I know you can get them from Alba Yamaha ( I live right near them and I get most of my stuff there)

Old 07-13-2000, 11:53 PM
bob
Trailblazer

i wouldnt say buying a pro flow kit isa no-brainer myself. u can get a similar end product just by buying a k&n or one of those prodesign foam ones with the springlike insert, then cut the stock filter cage so that it resembles the prodesign, drill a couple holes in the base of the stock filter cage and air box. and for the price ofa clamp on filter u get the same results as the prodesign. but your wallet weighs more

swain: the filter that the prodesign kit uses, and any banshee is the same filter

Old 07-14-2000, 01:32 AM
Trailblazer

This method would work good if you haven't already wrecked the foam that is between the cage and the airbox. The foam ring has a tendancy to curl-up when inserting the cage into the box.

Bunched-up, curled-up foam = not a very good seal

Pro-Flow intake flange with a small amount of waterproof grease applied on the air box side = very good seal

Old 07-14-2000, 02:02 AM
Range Rover

That would be great man.I can wait just drop me a line when ya get it.Make sure its the K&N filter made to fit the PRODESIGN adapter please and thanks.

Old 07-14-2000, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

hot_shoe_cv,
I agree the Pro-Design is the way to go for the yamahas but how does it increase airflow if it is the exact same size opening as the stock mount? The mounting diamater for the stock air filter cage vs the Pro-Design is the same. K&N doesn't make a different filter for stock vs Pro-Design. Even if there actually was some small difference in the airflow of the Pro-Design do you really think it is enough to require jetting???

Quick Reply: PRO-FLOW INTAKE SYSTEM FOR THE BANSHEE