Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Drag Porting

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 03:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Drag Porting

Who should i consider to get a full on DRAG port job on my raptor head. This head needs to do some serious flowing! thanks

Old 03-19-2004, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

Now there is a can of worms my friend. There is alot of shops that probibly could do your work but It's all gonna end up being opinion.

Lets see some pics of that swingarm.

Old 03-19-2004, 03:09 AM
Trailblazer

well my head work cost me 1850 dollars but does that mean its fast???

Old 03-19-2004, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

No it means your insane!!!!!! J/K

It better be somthing for that kind of bread.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2004, 03:30 AM
Trailblazer

Craycraft, Sparks, Alba, maybe trinity? No one else is doing anything to this bike, if i had the tools i could get it done myself. So besides any other opinions on these companies parts and labor, is there any opinions specifically on porting?

Old 03-19-2004, 04:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Like LOWBOWTIE said it is alot of an opinion thing. My choice would be Craycraft. If they were not around it would be FST, Kenz, or Sparks do it, and probably in that order. Spraks builds fast bikes, but I have heard awfull things about customer service (which is a big priority on my list) and they take forever. I personally have never heard anything bad about Kenz and they do have at least one fast Raptor. FST...never seen or heard much about them for Raptor head work, but I have alot of faith in them from stories I have heard.

Old 03-19-2004, 05:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would contact Bob Craycraft or Alba. Bob of course has the best customer service, but Alba did respond quickly and told me I could set up a date for them to do the port work. I don't know anything about Kenz, but Sparks has a huge waiting list.

So I would try Craycraft or Alba before looking around else where.

Old 03-19-2004, 06:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No disrespect meant and I am not trying to start anything at all, but I feel I just have to say this about Alba.
There is no way I would let a parts store do head work for me. I know they have mech and are a dealership, but they are to "general purpose" to do detailed head work...for me anyway. Like I said before, it is alot of opinion.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

LOL Ward, I've been to their store & shop before. (the newest one) and Iwouldn't send my head to anyone who works on a Skidoo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LOWBOWTIE
LOL Ward, I've been to their store & shop before. (the newest one) and Iwouldn't send my head to anyone who works on a Skidoo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LOL!!!!

Yes!!!

Has anyone taking their head or engine to Craycraft lately and what was the turnaround? I have called twice and it sounds to me like Bob works out of his house...... But I would like to talk to him if I can ever call at the right time. I have left two messages but never got a call back. Sounds like he was busy at the times but they just answer the phone as "Hello" not like "Craycraft Racing", .... Just wondered..

I want to send him a motor to change out the rod but would like to talk to him on a date and time to get it to him to complete it in a timely manner.

Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Raptor Drag Porting