Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

went to little sahara. got pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went to little sahara. got pics

It was only there for 2 hours before I crashed. I was drag racing a piped raptor in the flat area at the entrance to the sand. I dragged for about 400 feet or so and I didn't slow down in time. I should of had my helmet on. I ran into one of the holes in the ground around a tree that people drive in. I won the race though. I went to the next town over, Alva, and got eight stitches and antibiotics. Then I went to the hotel room after my trip to the E.R. and slept through the night. I woke up the next morning to find my lip not hurting enough to keep me out of the sand. My mom told me that she didn't spend nine hours driving to see me sit in a hotel room all day. We went out riding after my mom and step dad ate breakfast at millers and had a full day of duning ahead of us after we found a new tie rod at jims atv parts. I was amazed that they had the part in stock. Jim was a nice guy and told me that I was lucky that a messed up lip was all I had. We drove through the dunes all day and did some drag racing at night. There was a stock raptor, a pack of piped and who knows what else banshees, a 450r with the hrc kit, a tired quadzilla that needed a rebuild, and some fast 250rs. I was very impressed with that 450r. I always beat everything off the line. The piped banshees always reeled it by around the 100 ft mark though. There were some 250rs that made the quadzilla look like an lt250r. It was sad but that lt500 was tired. I took like 10 kicks for that thing to start. I got into some drag racing and held my own, but I didn't let it cool off between races and it needs some new rings. Apperantly I need a new crank to by the looks of it now. I just took the cylinders off and the pistons seem fine, and so does the bore but the rings are bad on the right piston and the crank is wobbly. Oh well.

btw: check my gallery for pics.

Old 03-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

Dang, your lucky, could have been worse...cool pic though..you look totally out of it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

at least u won lol

Old 03-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

All in have to say is where you stinkin helmet,you guys are screwing it up for the rest of us,i just dont get it why you dont where it,you think your cool,when this **** is ripped away from us and we dont know why just think of the time you went to ER cuz you had no helmet,I am glad they are as strict as they are with helmets here in cali cuz that is the future and we cant stop it just ruin it .....

Old 03-19-2004, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

Hey I was there with that tired old quadzilla and that stock raptor. The hid on the raptor did the same thing that you did on the quadzilla by overheating it. I wason a warrior.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

nice pics man... looks like fun... except the wreck lol... at least u won it...

Old 03-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Trailblazer

I remember you losing to that kid on the quadilla several times roosthrower.

Trending Topics

Old 03-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

I tried starting in second and it would just bog off the line. I figure that if I would have started in first, I would have been a little more competitive. That 400ex was really fast too.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Wear a freakn' helmet!! I just returned from LS, saw 4 ambulances haul kids out on Friday!! I knew one girl who came out, riding double on a yfz, hit a low spot and her foot got caught under the rear tire, snapped both bones in her lower leg. Her foot was just flapping in the wind when they put her on the backboard, took her to Enid hospital for surgery. If you ride double, go slow and wear a freakn' helmet!!

Old 03-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

It looks like the medication has gotten the best of you in that pic, open your eyes a lil more...LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: went to little sahara. got pics