Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor takes another shootout...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor takes another shootout...

Hmmm, nothing like contradicting yourself in the same sentence. When someone asks for information, or is having a problem, direct reference to a website often cures the problem.

When at a lazer convention, don't turn on a flashlight, you'll reveal your ignorance.

On a constructive side, one for the Raptor loyals. Get your hands on the May 2004 issue of ATV Sport, starting on page 74, you'll find the 740 Duncan Sandosaurus....nifty torque monster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh, some more yadayada@blahblah besides finding great info here on the Connection, you can go to ATVnews.com for subscription info. Join the connection to support Dbeck and those who've worked hard to give us this info sharing opportunity.

Old 03-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

I read the shootout on my way down to the N.C. GNCC race. What got me really thinking about this shootout is, they gave the Raptor best stability over the others. How can the say a 43" wide atv is more stable then the DS or Predator, and then give it the best suspension, especially since everyone raves about the plusness of the DS, and the Pred had rezzie on the front. I won't bash anybodies quad, but can any Raptor owner really back these statements up, especailly when you hear the Raptor is tippy.

Old 03-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

I guess with no Raptor owners backing up the article claim on stability and suspension, shows how bogas the article was!

Old 03-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have never really complained about the tippyness of the Raptor. I know the lowering kit improved the handling over stock, but the tippyness feelings was never really a problem with the way I ride.

And I have seen several shootouts that the Raptor has won.

Old 03-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I cant say much for the article; it may or may not be all true. I will say I wouldnt trade my Raptor for any of the other bikes tested in the article. It all comes down to opinions; some will choose the Predator, some the V Force, some the DS650 and some the Raptor. Choose what you like in a quad and enjoy it. A lot of the magazine articles(TRUE OR NOT) are just to get people to buy them( ITS ALL ABOUT THE BUCKS!!) Slim

Old 03-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

About the suspension - one page from where they said the Raptor had the best suspension, they praised the Predator shocks and said they were the best units in the test ... wtf?

Old 03-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yamaha660R

Just wondering,

I don't get ATV action, how did the pred do???

Old 03-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

Second place.

Old 03-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It done good. They said it had a plush suspension, they loved the fox shock's, and they enjoyed the power, but said it didn't have the low grunt of the Raptor.

Just from reading the article, they gave it great marks and it seemed like 2nd place. The DS and the V Force were both dissed bad through the entire shootout.

Old 03-21-2004, 07:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
It done good. They said it had a plush suspension, they loved the fox shock's, and they enjoyed the power, but said it didn't have the low grunt of the Raptor. Just from reading the article, they gave it great marks and it seemed like 2nd place. The DS and the V Force were both dissed bad through the entire shootout.
Thats great to hear thanks...

Quick Reply: Raptor takes another shootout...