Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ohh man oil change help!!!!!!!!

wshrdskin
you beat me to it

Old 03-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's all good. At least were not beating him while he's down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2004, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

oh darn!!! this sux for me i just went out to look at it and it seems that it is cracked! hmm how did you crack yours the first time and what aftermarket tank did you put on it? what price am i looking foreward to?

Old 03-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mine cracked over time from vibrations I expect. These tanks aren't very thick to say the least. I bought one of those CFM oil tanks on ebay for $150 or so, can't remember exactly.

Old 03-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Does the new one hold up good? is it just like the stock one just thicker or somthing? when you broke them did they break on oil changes or while riding?

Old 03-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mine broke over time from riding. The aftermarket ones are much better made. Thicker and welded at the seams etc.

Old 03-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here is the tank I bought. I just emailed the guy and bought direct instead of going through an auction.

Oil Tank

Old 03-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorboy4life
I know pretty much what im doing. How can you put the filter on backwords? it only screwes in one way! My dad has no clue about anything on the raptor he doesn't even know how to ride it, so therefor he cant help me. The oil is seeping threw somthing (i have no clue what) above the drain bolt on the tank ressivoir so im wondering if the tanks are prone to cracking there? Is there a washer that goes on the ressie drain bolt? -Matt-
by putting the filter on backwords, the filter jsut sits there your right. u cant screw the filter on backwords.

Old 03-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: snowbuster
Originally posted by: Raptorboy4life
I know pretty much what im doing. How can you put the filter on backwords? it only screwes in one way! My dad has no clue about anything on the raptor he doesn't even know how to ride it, so therefor he cant help me. The oil is seeping threw somthing (i have no clue what) above the drain bolt on the tank ressivoir so im wondering if the tanks are prone to cracking there? Is there a washer that goes on the ressie drain bolt? -Matt-
by putting the filter on backwords, the filter jsut sits there your right. u cant screw the filter on backwords.
So what were you talking about? You were basically yelling at me! we all learn from our mistakes right?

Old 03-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

yes, im yelling and pissed as all hell. i really dont think so. i jsut bought a service manual basically right after i got my quad, i read that over many and many times. then about a year later i did my first oil change and didnt make any mistakes. a manual only could help u so far but it does a good job at giving u an idea of what your doing be u do it.

Quick Reply: ohh man oil change help!!!!!!!!