Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I don't get it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 04:17 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't get it?

This weekend i went to Finger lakes and the weirdest thing happened, and i don't know why? I have a 93' warrior with a dynojet jet kit, full FMF titanium 4 exhaust, and K&N air filter with no air box lid, my riding buddy has a 02' warrior that is completely stock. Normally when we race he beats me, but he doesn't beat me bad he usually just pulls away in top end and that was about it. I just figured that it was because mine is older and probably needs a rebuild from hard riding. So before we left for Finger Lakes he said i wonder what it would be like to have my set up, my pipe, filter, and jet kit; so i said why not let him try it out before he bought the same set up. So we put all my stuff on his and i put mine back together with stock pipe w/o baffle, stock jet and needle, and foam filter and went riding. Oh yeah before we went riding i replaced my cam chain. Anyways, when we got to finger lakes i started mine up and it felt super peppy but i wasn't sure if it was me or what, so i asked my buddy lets race. This is where the weirdest thing happened, i freakin dusted him. We took off by second gear i had pulled ahead and i just kept pulling away no prob. He said he thought his was pulling hard and it never cut out he didn't miss any gears or anything. Any thoughts on what happened? I can't figure it out, since then my warrior has run like a mad man without the extras what gives?

Old 03-22-2004, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default I don't get it?

your jetting is bad most likley

Old 03-22-2004, 04:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default I don't get it?

i'm almost positive the jetting couldn't have been off that much. I can tell when the jetting is off, as soon as we got done putting all the stuff on his quad i rode it and it seemed to pull strong in every gear a lot harder than his used too. I dont think it was so much his quad as it was mine, it was like a different bike it was insane, it seemed like it revved harder and quicker, i don't know what caused it. It wasn't jetting.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I don't get it?

your jetting might have been off with the pipe on your machine before you switched. And your cam chain could have really been stretched. You changed too much at one time, its hard to tell if your bike got quicker or his got slower or exactly what happened because you chaged both bikes. You should have had a 3rd bike to compare to before and after.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default I don't get it?

the only thing i can think of is jetting jetting can just make you slow you cant tell some times it wont be cutting out or flooding tuning is key to a fast bike

Old 04-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default I don't get it?

i agree the jetting but i dont know what else could cause this