Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

When?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When?

Does anybody know if Yamaha is gonna make a bigger atv then the grizz for '05? Are they gonna upgrade the grizzly? They are gonna get left behind in the utility business if they dont pick up the pace. Any rumors or anythangs?

Old 03-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default When?

Who knows, I konw I sure havent heard anything.

Old 03-22-2004, 06:49 PM
The Facility
Default When?

There is the A1 quad, but it is more recently rumored that it will be a mix between a traditional quad and a Ryno for industrial use[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

However, it is not a rumor that the A-1 exists. I was told about by a Yamaha service tech in Florida a few years ago when they unveiled the M1 PWC engine. Then I was told about it again at the Yamaha dealer convention last year by the regional sales rep. The guy in Florida did not know if it would make production, but was in the works. The sales rep last year said it is a done deal and will likely appear in a couple of years. [This was last year, when I was told this.]

The A1 enigne is a 1000cc I4 engine BASED from the R1 engine......same as the snowmobile and PWC engine origins......but will have around 75HP and some extremely low gearing.

As for another hotrod single cylinder engine......there is nothing left in Yamaha's lineup to use. If they go bigger with the single cyl., it would have to be an all-new engine or a beefed up version of the current 660.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default When?

Sounds like the A-1 is gonna be Bad A$$

Old 03-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default When?

sounds like the new polaris "workaholic"
sposed to be a work only type machine uses the 500 engine. definently not 75hp

Old 03-23-2004, 11:29 PM
The Facility
Default When?

LOL

That 75HP figure had me frowning when I heard it. The R1 makes over 150HP, so I knew it would be a power house. I asked if the 75 wasn't the torque instead of horepower and he said "No.........75HP....and I do not know the torque".

What's odd is that the I4 engine itself isn't designed for low end torque. Why put such a large engine is something that could get by with an engine much smaller?

I would think their V-Twin engines would be better suited myself.......but hey.......it's Yamaha we are talking about here.

Nearly everything they have released in the last 4 years would have considered "over-doing it" in the early '90s. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default When?

Originally posted by: KNOWSALOT
There is the A1 quad, but it is more recently rumored that it will be a mix between a traditional quad and a Ryno for industrial use[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

However, it is not a rumor that the A-1 exists. I was told about by a Yamaha service tech in Florida a few years ago when they unveiled the M1 PWC engine. Then I was told about it again at the Yamaha dealer convention last year by the regional sales rep. The guy in Florida did not know if it would make production, but was in the works. The sales rep last year said it is a done deal and will likely appear in a couple of years. [This was last year, when I was told this.]

The A1 enigne is a 1000cc I4 engine BASED from the R1 engine......same as the snowmobile and PWC engine origins......but will have around 75HP and some extremely low gearing.

As for another hotrod single cylinder engine......there is nothing left in Yamaha's lineup to use. If they go bigger with the single cyl., it would have to be an all-new engine or a beefed up version of the current 660.
Kinda reminds me of the Suzuki Saratoga [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default When?

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
Kinda reminds me of the Suzuki Saratoga [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LMAO
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]