Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need info on MBRP and Yoshi slip-on comparison..

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on MBRP and Yoshi slip-on comparison..

Im going to be ordering a pipe here real soon and have narrowed it down to the MBRP and Yoshi.
1. Does anyone know the weight of each slip-on, and what dB level they are putting out...

2. Also does the Yoshi have to be repacked very often.....that is one advantage I see with the MBRP, no repacking....

3. Does anyone know if MBRP has created a spark arrestor for their raptor pipe yet...

4. Has anyone ran both pipes on their raptor and can tell how the power was between the two...

5. And finally, I will be rejetting of course, and will go with the pro-design K&N adaptor with no lid, what type of rwhp should I expect.....I know stock its around 35-37 rwhp range, I was hoping to get it up into the mid 40s rwhp with the pipe, jet, and filter w/ no lid...

Also, but off topic, I will be going with elkas up front and a rebuilt rear shock from elka for the back, with +2 A arms and +4 axl....it will be very exciting to see how the handling improves with these mods...

Thanks for all input[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer

I have the yoshi pipe, pro design/K&N, and dyno jet. It somewhere around 63hp. I don't know the Db but the mags claim around 98/99 db.But I do know it's much quieter than a white bros. or the pro circuit T4 which I have friends who have to compare. In 1 year I have packed it twice but its a well manufactured pipe,so it's easy to take apart and put back togeather. I'm real pleased with it. Sorry I have no knowledge on your other choice.

Old 03-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm thats a hard one. He was tottaly right about the DB level, thats what I have heard several times also.The MBRP I found has gave out a little more power wise, but the Yosh was better on throttle response. The Power is OK, but I see what the hype is from, the response it gave to the quad.

Old 03-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: raptor357
I have the yoshi pipe, pro design/K&N, and dyno jet. It somewhere around 63hp.
What else do you have done to your bike?

Old 03-23-2004, 04:12 AM
Pro Rider

That does sound high if its just pipe, jetted, and filtered......I would think it would be in the mid 40s, unless its a built up motor....anyone else got any info....

Old 03-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Bump.....does anyone esle have info on how these pipes compare?.....or at least how you like the one you choosed for your quad..

Old 03-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptor357
I have the yoshi pipe, pro design/K&N, and dyno jet. It somewhere around 63hp. I don't know the Db but the mags claim around 98/99 db.But I do know it's much quieter than a white bros. or the pro circuit T4 which I have friends who have to compare. In 1 year I have packed it twice but its a well manufactured pipe,so it's easy to take apart and put back togeather. I'm real pleased with it. Sorry I have no knowledge on your other choice.

You've got to have alot more done than just a pipe to get 63HP. Are you running a hi comp 686 with FCRs?

Old 03-24-2004, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

I personally chose the Yoshi and I can tell you one thing the info on the response is right on. The Yoshi gives outstanding response on my quad. I'm not too sure about the other pipe mentioned. Even if the other gave more power I still would choose the responsive pipe in the end if I didn't have a pipe already. When I want to go I want the power to be there instantly on demand. All I have to say is the Yoshi is will do just that with a very good amount of power added still, and like the other guys said it's a well manufactured pipe. I think I need to take a look at suspension mods at this point!!!

Old 03-24-2004, 01:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, the full yosh is around 100db, so expect a few less with the slip on.

EDIT: For reference, stock is about 94db.

Old 03-24-2004, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

2. Also does the Yoshi have to be repacked very often.....that is one advantage I see with the MBRP, no repacking....
You have to Repack teh Yoshi??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

how do you take it apart and how often.?

ive had mine for around 6-8 months and havent repacked it. i once saw some lil hair looking things comming out of teh spark arrestor but didnt think much of it.

Quick Reply: Need info on MBRP and Yoshi slip-on comparison..