Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Had to sacrifice Raptor to save wife and kids.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had to sacrifice Raptor to save wife and kids.

glad everyones ok... of course some good can come out of this... maybe another wild ride tonight for being a hero... if you know what i mean....

Old 04-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hozed
glad everyones ok... of course some good can come out of this... maybe another wild ride tonight for being a hero... if you know what i mean....
LMAO!

don't go there, remember kids read the forums too...........lol

Old 04-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Way to go Super dad ! Hey if your having problems getting the water out pressure fill the system through the engine drain with diesel open your tank cap and pump it full from below . The diesel will grab mos of the water and allow it to go to the bottom . drain refill with oil and then run it and get it hot . Your crank evac tube should steam off the rest but it needs to run and stay hot for awhile .

Your The Hero Of The Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 04-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

I anounce le raptor hero of the day.. It ends at 9 pm tommrow

Old 04-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Job dude!

The Rappy could use some upgrades for its suffering 2....Tell your wife "Your alive bcause it suffered" while pointing at the raptor...

lol j/k, hope you get her running.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hhaha warrior. Yeah is deserves something now. Mabay a star

Remember today is ur day till 9 o clock.. live it up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Good to see that you all were ok. Man, what a heck of a thing to go through. Good luck getting it going again.

Old 04-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Yo, thanks for all the comments, but I wasn't trying to sound like I am some super dude or something - actually it really freaked me out to think that the odds were not in our favor for it to work out like it did. If I had done one or two more donuts before looking for them I might of only seen a already flipped over Mule and hurt family. I am glad they didn't get hurt.

Anyway, the Raptor definitely took the biggest hit on this one. I am quite frustrated with it. I have changed the oil Eight times!! Still looks milky.....Maybe I am not doing it right. What I have been doing is draining the oil, filling it up with fresh cheap 20w50, cranking it letting it run for about 5 min, then draining it and starting over. I have the front end lifted up on jackstands and I let it drain for about 20 mins. I may try the diesel trick.... dunno...

Also the motor will not rev anything except just over idle. It pops and snaps and backfires after that. I have drained the bowls five or so times. I cleaned the plug off. Still no luck. I drained tank and put in fresh gas too. Could my electrics be screwed?

Old 04-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Thats why god invented kill switches!!! Pro design makes them there only about 30 bucks... might save you in the near future...lol

Old 04-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I thought about that kill switch thing....woulda helped. Also the motor was running when it went in the drink, and continued to run even after the seat was under.....then died....I am kinda wondering if hydraulic pressure from the water getting in the cylinder could of bent a valve or something......maybe that is why it is running so bad......please God,...fix it.......I want to ride.....

Quick Reply: Had to sacrifice Raptor to save wife and kids.