Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New Mexican Dirt Devils

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 04:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mexican Dirt Devils

well ill catch you later... maybe we can talk about some other trails.
suprised you escaped from this place!!!

Old 04-03-2004, 08:24 AM
eja
Range Rover

Wolverine 350R, saw that you have an alba 36 carb. How does it perform compared to rejetting the stock carb.? just wondering, don't see that modification much.

Old 04-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

Well the only rejet I did on the stock carb was the fet kit that came with the K&N. I got the Alba carb because the diaphram in the stock carb got torn (assembly mistake of mine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] ), and was $200 to replace. So i get the race carb for ~$200, I think it may have helped in acceleration a little but it was made for a vehicle with a clutch. I have to roll on the power, I cant just crank on it because it kills the engine. I have the thing jetted as lean as possible with the jets that come with it and the plug looks good so I'm just gonna leave it. I'll either end up putting a clutch kit on it or getting a 36 mm stock Warrior CV carb for it. A cam might help too I'm just not sure, it kinda drives me nuts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img].

For my current job I pretty much have to have a Polaris, and I left the Wolverine in New Mexico, so I'll worry about fixin (also read modding) it when I get back.

Old 04-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer

I am from the land of entrapment. grew up in Alamogordo, know most of the areas around there, live in Rio Rancho now. End of Southern is the best riding around for trails, hill climbs, wide open areas, almost whatever you want, and a short trek from there to a serious sand dune or two... end of northern and halfway out to southern after the pavement ends there are some mx tracks that are nice if you are into that.
there every Sunday, but the way it is raining here today, proll'y not tomorrow.

Old 04-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

Hey ive heard its pretty nice out towards southern.... sucks with all the rain today...
had great plans of going out ...but hey .. we need the rain... id like to see your
rappy sounds like it kicks major..... i had to start somewhere...
catch you later

Old 04-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

moose, any given Sunday I am out there. PM me and I will give you a contact number if you want to go ride sometime.
I dunno where in ALQ you live but if you are in the south valley, Nine Mile is close to you and Los Lunas has some dunes. too many trucks and everyone seems to be drinking or smoking grass instead of hauling a$$ at nine mile so I don't go there.
Montessa Park isn't bad either if you are up towards there. and then there is Eubank just north of Costco right in that area, big ditch, some hills you can climb if you are in the NE heights, you might as well go to the end of Southern.
I see from your pics you go to Montessa already.

Old 04-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

lefty that would be cool... i have only been there a few times.... i have my warrior
out by 98th... thats usually where i ride.. i dont like to ride on 9 mile a whole lot
but the trails on the south of central are all right... did you say dunes in los lunas???
maybe we could head down there in a couple of weeks. ive only been riding a short
time so i appreciate your input..

Old 04-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

I live in Las Cruces, I just pretty much ride where ever I want though. Every now and then me and some friends will mob the city in the early morning. Its fun until the cops show up then its a blast! other than that theres alot of trails out by the ''A'' mountain and some hills. Theres this one trail that we like to take from Radium springs all the way out to Craparral or El Paso. Lately Ive just been riding behind my house in our MX track waiting for the heat to go down.

Old 04-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

right on crackhead... i visit quite often but its always business.. i heard
someone talk about the trails over by the A hill.... never been riding in
that area...

KEEP REPRESENTING

Old 04-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Right on, good to see some NM people here.. Im from Albuquerque I ride mostly at Montessa or in the Rio Puerco Canyon west of Rio Rancho...

Quick Reply: New Mexican Dirt Devils