Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

First Look: 35mm FCR's...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 07:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Look: 35mm FCR's...

Originally posted by: BigBubba
I was talkin to a guy today that has the FCR's and he said it was the biggest waste of money and that he got no extra performance from it at all over the stock setup. I donno...but what do you guys think?
I think it depends on what kind of riding he does. I will take a guess and say mostly drags is what the guy you talked to does. UBETRUN has posted a few times that he got more top end out of a set of Craycraft modded stockers than what he did out of his FCRs. I think the biggest gain from FCRs is low to maybe upper-mid range, throttle response, getting rid of the stumble off idle, and no more bouncing slides. Thats is just what I gather from what I have heard/been told. The seem like a perfect option for a MX racer, but maybe not a dragger. I am talking about the 35s...I have no clue about the 39s.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Range Rover

I have a set of 35mm fcr's for a good price any body want them??

Old 04-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: howardstern
I have a set of 35mm fcr's for a good price any body want them??
What are you using? EFI?

Old 04-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with what Ward660 said.

Old 04-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

FCRs are certainly not a waste of money. They are reliable and consistent in all conditions, that alone is a big improvement over stockers. The accelerator pump makes the bottom end much better than stockers, even modified stockers. If you jump and run whoops, FCRs are mandatory since the slide doesn't bounce like the stockers.

Ward - Craycraft didn't mod my stock carbs although I used a couple of the mods that Bob was working. Before Craycraft had a full mod package ready for the stockers, I was still having a hell of a time with race gas and the stock needle valves/seats. I couldn't wait for the R&D to finish and gave up on the stockers before I ate major dirt. I had a couple of close calls when the idle circuit flooded and the engine bogged up the face of a jump, thank goodness for the elkas or I would have face planted something fierce.

Yamaha660R - There is a little tool that allows you to change jets without dropping the bowl on the FCRs, well worth a few bucks. A small ratchet with a wobble extension will work but not as easy as the little tool designed for the job. I think I got the tool from Dennis Kirk or RMATV.

Old 04-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
FCRs are certainly not a waste of money. They are reliable and consistent in all conditions, that alone is a big improvement over stockers. The accelerator pump makes the bottom end much better than stockers, even modified stockers. If you jump and run whoops, FCRs are mandatory since the slide doesn't bounce like the stockers.
I agree........
and I also noticed TONS more bottom and midrange power......

I bet your raptor is a hole shotting beast isn't it?

when I was running stock carbs I ran one MX race and I beat everyone to the first turn by 7-8 lengths......

Old 04-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, I can deffinatly see that the overall performance of the stockers could be improved with my 686, but not enough to pay $800. The main thing I notice is that I run out of fuel easier (I could adjust the float for this), when jumping the carb gets outta wack but clears up, and I bet it would jet easier/better and provide a more constant fuel flow.

Sound about right for FCR's?

Old 04-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

I have not really had that big of problems with my stock carbs yet. What kind of mods does bob do to the stock cabrs? what does it help? Should I do it to my carbs?

Old 04-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

I'll be hooking mine up this weekend too, hopefully won't take too long to get dialed in. Hey BigBubba, I'll probly have my bike in Corvallis this week if you want to check it out. I'm sure its not as fancy as yours though.

Old 04-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Believe my BigBubba when I say I hard a hard time swollowing the price of my 39mm FCR's but with the mild 686 build it really woke it up on low end, mid, and top end. Now with the 730 build it would not run on the stockers very well.

Quick Reply: First Look: 35mm FCR's...