Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Latest ebay scam... with MY pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest ebay scam... with MY pictures!

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
Hey....I'm confused......How does anyone know this is "kraw"'s bike????Or did the guy just copy and paste Kraw's pics from his page? That happens all the time. I have had 3 people swipe my photos and use them to sell there product. I had them booted from E-bay for copywrite infringment.
exactly,,,,cut,,,paste

Old 04-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

i think we should have copyrights on our pictures so we can sue anybody who steals them

Old 04-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lapeerbanshee
i think we should have copyrights on our pictures so we can sue anybody who steals them

You already do..........By copyright law the photographer has 100% rights. ( I do photography on the side) up to $10,000 per picture. They usually are not enforced unless there is $ involved (ie...someone makes $ on your pics). All you have to do for E-bay is contact E-bay, tell them you have the "tag" info on the Dig. photograph and there are in violation of Copyright law. Then contact the seller and explain there is a up to $10,000 fine per offence. and you will be suprized how quick those photo's vanish!

Old 04-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

little confusion here I see [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I was just pointing out that this was a scam, the scammer used pics from my website (one even still has my watermark on it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ) I have had it happen to me in the past too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] http://www.krawdaddy.net/atv/raptor.htm go check it out

I could get them on copyright infringement, but that would be a HUGE pointless battle. I would get nothing from them.

I was just giving a heads up

as far as my situation http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...aptor%20stolen Nothing has changed. Just waiting on my registration to get straightened out, a police report from NOPD and a lawyer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

btw, I did email ebay and they did NOTHING about the auction

Old 04-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny.... that does not surprise me, i never use it.

Old 04-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lapeerbanshee

You already do..........By copyright law the photographer has 100% rights. ( I do photography on the side) up to $10,000 per picture. They usually are not enforced unless there is $ involved (ie...someone makes $ on your pics). All you have to do for E-bay is contact E-bay, tell them you have the "tag" info on the Dig. photograph and there are in violation of Copyright law. Then contact the seller and explain there is a up to $10,000 fine per offence. and you will be suprized how quick those photo's vanish!
Hmm i didnt know that, thanks

Old 04-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lapeerbansheei think we should have copyrights on our pictures so we can sue anybody who steals them
that's pretty much what I told them. I just got an automated reply thanking me for blah blah blah and that they will look into it blah blah blah

my website states that all pictures are copyrighted by me and can not be used w/o permission. Check it out

thing is. these scammers will never be found

Old 04-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

same thing happened to Hollywood Dirt Productions, the owner told me that someone copied and pasted pictures of their port work on e-bay as their own trying to sell porting, but using Hollywood Dirt's pictures, come to find out, it was a 16 year old kid that used to clean parts that used to work for Hollywood dirt, the kid immediately removed the auction when his mother was threatened with a lawsuit, I guess you have to be really aware of what happens on ebay, the kid was claiming he used to do the port work at hollywood, but never did, could of been a big disaster for both parties had someone not informed the owners of Hollywood dirt, people will do anything these days to steal your money, always gotta be on your toes I guess[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kraw
Originally posted by: lapeerbansheei think we should have copyrights on our pictures so we can sue anybody who steals them
that's pretty much what I told them. I just got an automated reply thanking me for blah blah blah and that they will look into it blah blah blah

my website states that all pictures are copyrighted by me and can not be used w/o permission. Check it out

thing is. these scammers will never be found
you should e-mail the highest bidder before the auction ends and tell him its your pictures and show him your profile page.

Quick Reply: Latest ebay scam... with MY pictures!