Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

buildin a mx track

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buildin a mx track

I am buildin a Mx track in my yard because my trails got closed down up the street.. i have a bout an acre of land and was wondering wat i should have on it i already have a berm started

Old 04-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Range Rover

any cool ideas

Old 04-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

cool! i am going 2 make one this summer. i am going to have 2 table tops, some rolers and a few banked turnes. good luck@

Old 04-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Range Rover

im gonna have somethin like tht but

Old 04-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

try a search online. i know theres a few sites that have some pritty cool one or two acre tracks, there tight and probably slow but it sounds like a cool idea, and if your trails got closed down try going to the town or county maybe you can raise money or sumething to build a mx park.
good luck.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

An acre isnt that much to build a track on but it can be done., there are some really good sites on the web about 1 acre tracks. unless you already have something to build it with. I would seriously consider renting a bobcat for a day or 2. They make really easy work out of it and it wont take as long. just an idea. i am not sure of the rates on them but it would definatly worth it

Old 04-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Some friends and I built a track in my back field last summer. Have three nice ramps two high speed corners and threw in a slow dip right hand turn, right now it is pretty rutted, going to have the neighbor come up with his tractor and re-disc and blade the track for two cases of beer. We used a lot of 50 gallon drums filled with what ever to help with formation of the ramps. Have fun and make sure you get a nice paper written up before your friends ride on it for insurance purposes.

Old 11-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

Okay instead of making a new topic I will use a existing one. I am in the process of planning out a bigger track in my back yard. I was wondering if there was any good sites with areal (spelling) views so I can get an idea. i got about three acres to mess with.

Old 11-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

A Pro tip.... If dirt bikers are gonna go off your ramps... they always favor one side (right wheel or left wheel) THis causes one side to become lower than another which will make the jump slanted and uneven. this: causing you to launch off sideways. An easy fis to this problem would be put a blanket.. or massive towel over the jump so when you ride off it 1, dirt wont fly off and make the jump smaller and 2, any dirtbikes can go off it and it wont become uneven. For a MX track this will be harder because pro riders dont use this system. In fact Pro MX tracks use a lot of $$ in maintenance. The dirt has to have a certain precentage of clay in it and all kinds of things like that. .. for you tho, dirt dug up from your back-yard will be just fine.

As for bigger Jumps.. such as my 60 footer, 80 footer and 95 footer... this blanket idea will possibally throw you off but its better when Dirt biker riders around here dont go off jumps that long!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Well the track I have now is sitting on a clay bed only about 12" below the top soil, so that will be helpful. We have spent money on track maintenance items that have really been a big help. I was trying to get an idea for jumps, whoops, corners, basically something to have fun on and some practice.

Thanks for the info RaptorBoy.

Quick Reply: buildin a mx track